Doctors door

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Doctors door
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Re: about doctors door cars.
I don't know anything about this car, however, I have a 1930 5 window coupe that actually has a small door under the rear side glass just behind the side door and in front of the rear fender that is about 12" by 7" with a curve that matches the rear fender part way down the little door. I was told you could put golf clubs behind the front seat from the outside thru this door.
Don't tell me I don't have this, I can send anyone pictures.
We are going to customize this car because it is in such bad shape and cover the door unless someone tells me it is worth a lot of money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

What make of car is it? It sure sounds like a door for golf clubs. Why cover it, it would make a neat conversation starter at car shows, plus you could put tools or spare parts in it if you don't want to haul golf clubs! :-)

If you could post a couple of pictures here on the forum that would be great, their file size needs to be under 250K (under 245K to be safe) each. Here is an easy way to resize picturs if their current file size is too big:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

It is a ford 5 window 1930. The car is just panels. Is has no floor pans. My nephew Wants to customize it like the one on American graffiti and has done just a little work down that line.
I will go over and get pictures and post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

Sounds like a cool car Wayne. There were several upper end cars that had the golf club door as you describe. I didn't know Ford made one too. Pictures would be great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Ford didn't, someone added them after the fact. Guess I missed your first post but must have been a question about a Dr Coupe. :-)

If you have questions about rods this might be a better fit;
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/

If it's questions about Model A's relating to stock 4 cylinder cars, this is a good site(Ryan want to keep content to more stock or original 4 banger type cars):
http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

I am not posting this to chase you off just suggesting a better fit to what you are working on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Lets just call it an Off Topic post for now until we see how it pans out.
Sounds interesting for now and we could all learn something here...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

1929 Hupmobile

Golf club door on passenger side

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:32 am:

I will try to get photos today and post. If this doctors door isn't original equipment on this 1930ford coupe it was a very professional job.
I know you on here have a lot of knowledge and that's why I am hoping someone could give me more info on this. I can also post the vin # if that's allow. Thanks guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

If you have trouble posting the pics here, try the model T Ford page of Facebook.https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fordmodelt/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

I had a '28 Oldsmobile coupe that had the golf club door in the same place (right side in front of the rear fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

I had a '28 Oldsmobile coupe that had the golf club door in the same place (right side in front of the rear fender).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Perspective. The feature is called a golf locker. Announced in 1922, probable first by Packard for their Light 6 Coupes. (October 19, 1922). By 1923 others that offers cars for the country club set had this feature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Thanks for the info guys, I learned a lot. Take care

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration