New computer with Windows 10

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New computer with Windows 10
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 04:16 am:

I have a new computer with Windows 10.But now I have a problem to resize my pictures and put them on the Forum. Is there anyone who can help me STEP BY STEP to do that. If so that will be a good start for 2016 for me!!!!
Thank you very much.
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 04:52 am:

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ I use this one, it works very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 05:56 am:

Toon, ain't progress fun!!!? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:31 am:

My machine is updated from Win 7, so I'm not sure if new Win 10 machines have Windows Paint. It is listed under Windows Accessories. It has the capability to resize images. I always resize a copy to keep a file with the original resolution.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:11 am:

"I'm a bad girl, and I need to be punished," she said.
"OK," he said, and installed Windows 10 on her computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Yes Win 10 has Paint and it works the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

Toon, I read somewhere that Microsoft developed Windows 10 to make Windows 8 more like Windows 7.... :-)

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

LOL Steve! Sure glad I took your advice and finally went Mac...and I'll never go back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Good Luck!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Go to your C: Drive and do a search for the Microsoft Office Picture Manager icon that is red with a darker border and has a ball, pencil and two triangles in it, if you have the Microsoft Office set.

You can right click on the icon and then pin it to your start menu or bottom task bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 08:20 am:

OS Market Share as of December 2015.

Apparently, the enthusiasm for Mac is not shared.

Source: http://netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 08:27 am:

Windows 10 is really good.....at making me miss Windows 7.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 10:06 am:

Ken, I suspect the Windows market share is largely due to price. Most people are willing to put up with it because it costs less. I'm not smart enough to use a Windows machine comfortably. I prefer something friendlier. After making the mistake of buying a Windows laptop for trips and having it betray me repeatedly, I was happy to sell it for a hundred bucks and spend $300 for a used/refurbished Macbook Pro. So far it has given me none of the grief inflicted by the late, unlamented HP from Hell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

This was business news from 2013:

quote:

The {Mac) desktop operating system is dead as a major profit center, and Apple just delivered the obituary.

It's not really based on price. The OS cost is about the same. And for many, it is free. It's because Apple will not license the Mac OS to run on anything but a Mac. Then many will turn around and install Fusion or Parallels so they can run Windows based software on a Mac. Crazy, I tell ya. :-)

Try to buy Mac parts (hardware) at/from your favorite PC supplier. It ain't happening. Apple has a lock on their hardware/software interfaces for most items and requires OS hacks to get around. There is nothing "standard" in a Mac unless you buy it from Apple.

What if you had to buy all your replacement car parts from an auto dealership because to do anything else was illegal? That's how Apple works.

Early Packard Bell PCs tried a similar business plan by making unique hardware mounting devices. They're toast now. Mac's sole hold on what market they have is the heavy graphics users but that's dwindling too. And then there's the uninformed users that simply have an insipid social circle. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

I don't give a rat's patoot about their social circle, and I don't really care about their market share as long as they make enough dough to keep providing me with equipment that doesn't drive me nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Linda says she is ambidextrous, she can go both ways-Windows or Mac. We are still using Windows 7, our son (the computer programmer) says we "don't need to upgrade again, yet".
Linda is quite good with computer programs, herself. I would would be lost here without her help.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

For those of you with windows 8 or 10 who long for the simpler interface of windows 7:

http://www.classicshell.net/

I have put this on countless customer's machines and they all love it. It doesn't really change windows 8 or 10, it just changes how you interact with it and makes it look and act like windows 7. Easily removable if you don't like it, but you won't want to.

Foe those of you who don't follow this sort of thing, Windows 8 almost broke the back of Microsoft because users hated the interface so much. They even skipped using the Windows 9 name because they wanted to distance themselves from Windows 8 as far as possible. Both Windows 8 & 10 are excellent operating systems ... its just the interface that stinks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

I agree Jeff, I was a hardcore PC user, went to an IMAC, never looked back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

I have pretty much stayed with Microsoft operating systems from the beginning (DOS and then Windows). I tend to avoid MS software (don't use IE as my browser, prefer WordPerfect to Word, etc.) but use the OS. MAC users remind me of our neighbor in University City MO in the late 1940s. Everyone in the neighborhood drove a Ford, Chevy or Plymouth except Justin Weil. He drove a Studebaker. He would bend everyone's ear endlessly about how much better Studebakers were than everyone else's cars. For all I know now, he may have been right. On the other hand, where is your closest Studebaker dealer today? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

I'm not computer wiz but my old laptop with windows 7 went junk so I bought a new one with 10 on it and when I was on the forum I could read a subject but the back command would not go back to the subject list, it kept saying not responding. I stopped using Microsoft edge and now use internet explorer that is available on my laptop and the problem stopped. plus I also installed the google toolbar that I could not figure out how to install with Microsoft edge. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 11:43 pm:

Dick, my mom's sisters always drove Studebakers. If they were around today they probably wouldn't like Windows either. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:25 am:

Did Henry build any computers ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration