Sometimes I don't like my dog

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sometimes I don't like my dog
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Woke up to this. My only copy of Bruce's encyclopedia that he personally gave to me. If someone has an extra copy, I'd like to buy one, or maybe trade for a dog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

At least your dog has good taste.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

just saw this picture this morning :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

Kim one coming your way. Do you want Hard Back or Paper Back. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Hey save the pages that have pictures you can cut out for copying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

I like your dog he seems very diligent with his homework.

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

John, thanks so much, I am in your debt. I'd really like a hard back. My dog and I thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

Did he find the section regarding painting/not painting the engine block he was originally looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

Kim, You might take some comfort in this story that my brother told about his standard poodle named Charley.
Charley could not stand to be by himself very long but my brother had to run into the grocery store on his way home for only a couple of things.

He returned to his Company car to find that the dog had completely chewed up every piece of the interior of his car, seats, headliner, door panels, dash, steering wheel, and radio Everything! He couldn't believe his eyes and that it happened so quickly.
The newer car was Totaled! Luckily he had a high level position in the auto paint company but still had to explain to the boss.

Sorry to hear about your book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Does your dog live in Australia ? or is he sitting on the ceiling so you can't get your hands on him?????

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

Kim,

Did you invert the dog image on purpose ?

I like you post !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

If I couldn't replace what he'd torn up; I think I'd have a very difficult choice to make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

You might get a copy of this book and show it to your dog to straighten his act out:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

I was not so nice about my dog chewing up the nice 1925 copy of a Chilton's manual, esp the Model T section. Guess he was mad at me and that section had the most "me" smell on it. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

A few rolls of scotch tape and much patience should fix the book as good as new, unless the dog swallowed part of it. You won't know unless the dog gets sick, or after you have fitted all the pieces together, there are still parts missing.
Norm :-( :-) ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

Jay, In which language was your book published; Vietnamese?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Terry,

My guess for the title of the book:

" Cooking For Your Dog "

The sticker is hiding a word .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

Ah Jim, Now you went and spoiled it.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

Jim, on my desk top, the dog is upside down but on my phone and ipad, she is right side up.
Jay , my family wont let me cook the dog.
Great story Gene, makes me feel a bit better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Kim, the dog has a play mate now and is happy. Maybe that's what your dog needs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Kim, sorry to hear/see of your loss. Nice to see John T. coming to the rescue. She's a cute pooch, almost hard to get mad at a face like that! Our previous dog chewed and ate everything that wasn't nailed down or rain from her. She would even eat the (cooled) embers from the fireplace! She'd have been in hog (er, dog) heaven in a bag of Henry's Kingsford briquettes! Somethin' wrong with that dog!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

I knew a guy down in Owatonna that told me his dog chewed the valve stems off the wheels on his brand new trucks and chewed threw electric cords like they were candy. He didn't dare plug in the block heater on his truck because the dog kept chewing up the cord. We never understood what kept that dog alive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

My indoor cats kept chewing my telephone wires from the wall to the phone and I stopped it by enclosing them with wire loom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

How in the hell did you get those cats stuffed into wire loom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Time to take Bowser for once last walk ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

That is a fine looking dog Kim. Dogs are our friends, they can be taught to speak, sit up, fetch, roll over, sit, stay,find bombs and drugs...all kinds of things that they like and we do also. Cats can be taught to poop in a box and that is about it. I know many people that are not as smart as cats.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

And people ask me why I don't have a dog. . . .
However, I have found mice eating my good stuff, and ants!!! AAAUGH!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

My Granddaughter has taught her cat Charley to sit, stand and reach. I don't know how she did it 'cause I'm like most, cats can't be taught to do anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Speaking of cats. I'd like to teach ours not to hog the TV clicker and beer.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

You are probably the first person since time immemorial to legitimately have a good reason to use the classic grade school excuse for not handing in your homework: "My dog ate it." :-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

I've raised a couple of pups that were avid "readers" as I like to call them but they've all grown/been trained out of it. I wish I had a picture but my favourite was the time I came home to the shredded remains of "How to Raise the Perfect Puppy."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 01:19 am:

We have a cat that likes to eat electric cords. When I had to rewire the air conditioner, I encased the cord in flexible metal tubing. She also likes to eat photographs. We cannot leave unframed photos out overnight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 07:56 am:

Jay that looks like Jabba the Cat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 08:26 am:

Mike G... I'm still laughing at your post!! Not even sure the infamous Dennis Seth can top that one!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:51 am:

A few years back we were building a rod out of a 47 ford vert. Our watch dog would bite the tire any time we rolled the car. He bit right through the side wall of 2 expensive tires and it cost me plenty. We never told the owner, too embarrassed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:56 am:

The dog was a 120lb Rottie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Now there was an old guy I think in Utah that had a dog that could drive his Model T. I watched a video and was really impressed. I bet if you google it you will find it. The guy has died and his secret with him I've heard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Boxer dog sounds like Model-T Ford car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmmdjT1-6L8

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

Dog Driving a T Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIuNDEYObhU

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Cats can be taught things too. Here's mine about to go for his first driving lesson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

We have a chocolate lab and a cat. The dog is our friend. The cat lives here and uses us. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Norrie, that is the one! your right about the boxer sure sounds like a T.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

DOGS ----------- Mans best tasting friend!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

If you had a 200lb dog hopefully it would be good and let your children and grandchildren crawl on it and play with them. If you have a 200lb cat it would kill you, your children and grandchildren and put all of you up in a tree to eat later.

My last dog was "RAJO" and before him was "Rusty", both great bird dogs and we had lots of fun in fields. Cats not so much and I am out of the cat business as kids are grown and gone. I have never taken a cat out for pheasants to point them so we could "play". Cats just kill anything smaller than themselves.

I don't like snakes either...they have eyes like cats, dogs have eyes like me and we understand each other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Had a beagle dog for a long time. I always wanted a beagle because I liked their looks. But they do seem to crave their calories.

We got up one morning to find pages of a book strewn all over the back yard. Then another, and then others. We soon realized that the books had something in common. They were my wife's collection of antique sewing books. The pages weren't chewed; just the bindings. We theorized that the bindings contained some protein based glue and the dog took it as food.

As soon as we moved all the old books to a higher shelf on the bookcase, the carnage ended. Then she started working kitchen cabinets open and eating anything that resembled food. She could steal a 2-pound sack of brown sugar and eat a little over half the bag before getting sick.

My cousin had a beagle as well. It was a wire chewer. He came in one afternoon to find the dog laying dead behind the TV, with a power cord in its mouth.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

You never hear about a husband being sent out to " The Cat House " .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:48 am:

Henry, ... I'm gonna have to call BS on that. Been around labs all my life, and if you
look up the word "suckweasel" in the dictionary, you are going to find a picture of a lab. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:51 am:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:38 am:

Dick Fischer I'm sorry to hear the shocking news about your cousins beagle.

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:04 am:

I've had dobermans, cockers, collies, golden retrievers, German shepherds and labs. My current dog is a lab. Every one of them have been great dogs for me. They all had their own personalities and everyone of them were protective and yet very friendly. The most misunderstood were the Doberman and the German shepherd. Their size and appearance scared people and in both cases my neighbors found reasons for me to have them put down. In both cases the dogs were proven innocent after they were gone. People are cruel miserable beasts. Animals, especially dogs, are wonderful companions, good friends, very caring and naturally protective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Michael G.,I couldn't agree with you more! We had the neatest Shepherd/Beagle (I know, weird) and while she did hate most men, she was perfect with kids, most women, and our neighbor couple did get her to accept the husband. I love Shepherds, but now having the sweetest Pit/Lab (mostly Pit), I have a new understanding and fondness to the PitBull. Next dog will definitely be a full-bore Pitty! She does have one bad trait...can't hold her "licker" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:14 am:

"... People are cruel miserable beasts. ..."

By and large, a great truism.

And like that statement, I find pretty much goes life. I have had dogs in
my life since Day One. Had cats since Day One too. Had horses and goats
and frogs and salamanders, chickens, parrots, pigeons, doves, and any
number of fish ...

Some of anything are bad. Some are wonderful. It all boils down to what
we expect of them and how their personalities fit our expectations. I came
to the conclusion early on that specialty critters seem to have the personality
bred out of them. The chances of an old stripy barn cat having a sweet demeanor
are much higher than that pug-nosed persian. Dogs seem about the same.
I'll take the working heeler any day of the little yappy house dog.

When my dog finally croaks, I am thinking about getting some more chickens.
They are funny little critters. A lot more personality than one might think and
if kept "right", very personable. I have had some that used to go out horseback
riding with me. Tagged along just like a dog would. They are good in the garden
and have this thing for laying a lot of eggs. I can't get my dog OR cats to do
either of those things. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Norrie,

Thank you for your condolences. My cousin said that finding the dead beagle laying on his living room floor was an electrifying experience.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Dick Fischer

I did hear of another dog that died after chewing through an electric cable........................................................................... .........The electric cable was the only thing the dog to the car roof whilst travelling down the motorway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

the dog

Dick Fischer

I did hear of another dog that died after chewing through an electric cable........................................................................... .........The electric cable was the only thing tying the dog to the car roof whilst travelling down the motorway.

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

MY dog made it pretty clear to me that he did not appreciate this "dog bashing thread"..He called them stupid purists, and promptly went to bed....He also said he's voting for Trump, just to piss people off..:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

My brother asked me if my dog would retrieve ducks, I told him I didn't think I could throw him that high.

My Dad had a cat that he just couldn't stand. So he put it in the trunk of the car, drove it out to the country and let it go in the road ditch.

When he got home the cat was sitting on the doorstep waiting for him.

So Dad put the cat in a cardboard box and tied the box shut with a piece of red lace. He took it out to the country and dropped it off a bridge, into the deep water.

When he got home the cat was sitting on the doorstep with a red lace bow around his neck waiting for him.

So he took the cat out to a farmers field, took out his 12 gauge shotgun and blew the cats head off.

When he got home the cat was sitting on the doorstep with his head in his mouth.

A traveling salesman stopped by the farm one day and found Dad working and sweating like a butcher while trying to pull a calf that was trying to be born by coming out backwards. Dad was in no mood to have to deal with a damn feed salesman in the middle of such a miserable job. But he had to stop and he busted out laughing when the salesman asked "how fast was that calf going when he hit that cow?"

And for that I apologize:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Best dog I ever was a Bassett hound.

Left home the day we got him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Should have said, best dog I ever HAD. Always pruf reed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

I would chew up everything, too, if you glued me to the ceiling....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

I came home today and there was a box on the porch. Inside was a brand new copy of the "Model T Ford, the car that changed the world". Even autographed by the Guru himself, Bruce McCalley!
Many many thanks to John Tannehill, very nice of you. I'll be sure to keep it out of Molly's paws!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 03:38 pm:

I know you're not going to believe this but it turns out my pet goldfish has eaten up my copy of the book as well........................also for some strange reason my nose just got much longer.

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

A good guard dog is an asset.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

Can I borrow your dog?
I need to shred some old tax returns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

The little guys have their place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Some dogs are well mannered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

Others not so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Ummm, yeah ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

My dog keeps dragging home large animals and eating them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:27 am:

Burger, I'm forming a real appreciation for your sickness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 09:38 am:

A little mental derangement goes with the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:43 am:

"Normal" is contemptible, often the result of being a fake, and above all, boring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

Guess I'm not boring, 'cause Lord knows I've been told more than once that I'm not normal!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

YES!

Antique car drivers put the fun back into dysfunctional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Face it, if the law of "averages" determines what is "normal", then ANY old car buff is already on the fringes.

Another favorite dog picture:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Kim, One day I took "Spuds" my pit Bull to the market with me. When I returned to the car there were three ladies standing in front of my car laughing their heads off. Spuds was sitting in the drivers seat with his paws on the steering wheel taking a Sunday drive. It was hilarious. Best dog i ever had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

My wife bought me a Golden Doodle about 6 months after my 13 year old golden retriever was put down. I said i didn't want another dog. Now he is my best friend but he is the most destructive dog eats everything including a 3 foot long section of window molding in the house, shoes, books. Everything. He is some better now 18 months into it. He is ok though he loves to ride in my Model A, he hasn't got the open top on the 27 roadster figured out yet. I assume the open air and he is just a 1 1/2 years old. What would we do without them they are all like family members!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

Here is our Laddie #4. A tri color sheltie. Loves to run and play in our fenced area.

Laddie#4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Tim, here's my Pit mix in "her" model A! We don't let her in the open T's 'cause she'd scratch the heck out of the paint running (and I do mean running) to get in the car as she gets so excited to go for a drive. That and she'd hop out at the first cat she laid eyes on. But she's really a perfect dog overall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

My St. Bernard Loved to play in the mud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 01:25 am:

The problem with these critters is you can't clone the good ones and the bad ones won't croak out soon enough.

My brother had the best dog I have ever known. A blockhead Catahoula Cur. Wicked fierce and fast as lightning.
Only dog I ever saw that could overtake a deer ! Would drag home bear cubs and bobcats. What does one do with
a bear cub when you come home from work ??? Where's momma bear ??? The County animal people were less than
amused. But well behaved .... WOW. One time I left him in my truck when we walked out to a ranch house to talk
with the owners. They had dogs and we didn't want a conflict. I forgot that I left my lunch on the seat. When we came
back 20 minutes later, there he was, just waiting patiently, and there was my lunch, ... he never touched it ! And at 12
or 14, the poor old guy croaked out. Got no use for "foofy" dogs, but a well behaved man-eater that keeps the beasties
at bay ... that's my idea of a good dog. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 02:18 am:

My cat, Mr. Shadow Cat used to like rides in the Model T, he'd sit in the rear seat and watch things go by...I think he liked being chauffeured. He also used to lay of the hood when it was folded open and watched me work on the engine, or if I were under the car he'd be there too. I think he thought he was helping or maybe he was just supervising (I think he thought it was his car). And if I got into the car to check something, he'd jump in the back seat ready to go...strange little fellow my Mr. Cat was...he passed away seven years ago now, and I still miss him terribly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 08:40 am:

Burger, I'm with ya on that one!
Martin, it's kinda weird, yet nice, how our pets become "one of us" in so many ways. Our dog's the same way. And don't stop walking in the house too quick or she'll run right into the back of our legs! Shoulda named her Shadow.

Both of you guys sure are up late posting!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:23 am:

"However, I have found mice eating my good stuff..."

That's why I have cats, and I've always been glad when I see a big old black snake around the place. But it's been a long time since I saw a snake here, probably because the cats are doing their job. The last time I went out and intentionally got a cat was eight years ago, and she reliably provided new mouse-eaters for seven years. The current crew of four are some of her descendants.

My best dogs have always been Heinz mutts that were strays or pound dogs. From Bruce in the forties to Beau in the fifties to Rocky in the seventies to Daisy the last few years, there have been some real characters.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration