26 tt rivit front

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26 tt rivit front
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

how do i install rivits on front crossmember on 26 tt.do i flatin them or round them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

The rivets on my TT frame are round on one end and flat on the other. But I don't think it would hurt to do them the same as these rivets on a car.

If you want pictures of the TT rivets I'll go out and take pictures of them tomorrow.

Whatever rivets you want to use, Jim Dix can fix you right up with them. http://bigflatsrivet.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

They are somewhat rounded:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Ok thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

We just got finished re-riveting the front crossmember in my dads TT , we bought a cheap air chisel from harbor freight and cut off the shear end, concaved it on a lathe , then did the same with a bolt head (1/2") put a nut on the threads , used an old socket as an extension to take up the space , then using the bolt and nut as a "Jack" to hold the rivet up through the frame and crossmember holes . Heated the flat end of the river with a torch until nice and orange , then use the air chisel tool to flatten the rivet and round the flat end to look like originally done riveting .( or close enough ).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 06:26 am:

Kenny, if you are replacing your crossmember, make sure you have one for a TT. Although I haven't compared them myself, I have been told they are different than the car crossmember. Just a heads up. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Travis do you have any pictures.david it was on there already with bolts thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Palmisano on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

Here are a few previous posts discussing the difference between T and TT front crossmembers.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/294444.html?1339302585
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/458149.html?1404337097
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/537903.html?1430513402

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Kenny , will post some tomorrow after work for you .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

I knew I saw that somewhere! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Pictures of the rivets and tools we made

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Thanks Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

You're welcome !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration