1911 Metz 22 car parts for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1911 Metz 22 car parts for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Walker on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:49 am:

We found several major parts of a 1911 Metz 22 in one of our barns. We're looking for help connecting with folks who might be looking for Metz 22 car parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 09:55 am:

The Metz was made in Waltham, Massachusetts. The Waltham museum hosts a Metz show every year, perhaps they would be a good contact:

http://www.walthammuseum.com/metzco.htm

Also, you could post a classified ad on the Horseless Carriage club website:

http://www.hcca.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

I have a 1913 Metz 22. This model was introduced in 1912 (engine serial numbers 15,000-18,301 for that year) and made until 1915 when it was replaced by the model 25.

The best internet sites are the Yahoo Metz Group:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MetzAuto/info

Also, the AACA Metz Forum:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MetzAuto/info

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wing - Albuquerque, NM on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Hello Philip, I have a 1912 Metz 22 and I need some parts for the restoration. I sent you a PM.

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john carter on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Hi Phillp I thougth i sent you a pm Monday morning . Iam not sure you got it. Please let me know. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:57 am:

I also have a pile of model 22 Metz stuff. Parts of this, bits of that. Missing a lot, but enough there that a car could be restored from the mess. In fact, that is what I have called it for about forty years, the Rusty Mess.
I doubt that I will live long enough to ever get around to restoring it. I have at least four full cars to restore before I can consider seriously working on this one. But I have restored cars in the past that started out worse than the Mess. I would actually like to do it. To that end, I could be interested in any Metz parts provided they were very cheap, and close enough to go get.
I would also seriously consider letting all I have go really cheap to the right offer! I would like to see someone actually restore this mess.
A 1913 Metz Special Roadster could be a really fun little car! Kind of like a 1911 model T open torpedo roadster.
I have always had a soft part in my heart (or my head?) for Metz.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

I have recently purchased a 1911 Metz Plan car, this is a two cylinder air cooled model. I have about 95 percent of it and am in need of a steering column and or good pictures of one to complete my restoration. Any help would be appreciated. Phil Eyre Michigan 269-986-928 cell or 269-964-9248

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Simerly on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

I am trying to restore a 1913 Metz Special that has been in my family for over 70 years. The right front fender is damaged beyond repair and I am looking for a good replacement. Any help in finding a fender would be greatly appreciated. John Simerly, WA. 360-606-5129

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration