**1921-1927 Exhaust/Muffler Assembly** continued

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: **1921-1927 Exhaust/Muffler Assembly** continued
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:30 am:

First, here's the link to the 2015 thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/594849.html?1451620049

Here's some pictures of the early muffler end with the 3 rivet bracket

And here's the earlier cast iron, single bolt front end:

And the back end;

Note that the single bolt cast muffler still requires a front frame mount, as the muffler pipe just ends inside the front's "snout." the stamped unit saved manufacturing expenses by using scrap metal pieces and a stamping process instead of castings (and patterns, etc.), and one less bolt to supply and install. Henry's engineers were pretty clever!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Thanks for posting David. There are a lot of guys who probably haven't seen these kind of photos. I'm glad you did it and not me. I'm not that good a posting pictures.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration