Reminder - Control f5

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Reminder - Control f5
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:03 am:

I kept wondering why I didn't see mention of the 2016 forum when I logged into mtfca.com's home page.

Control - F5 refreshed that screen and the link appeared. I forgot I need to do that every year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:32 am:

I haven't had that issue because I bookmark the MTFCA home page, not the forum page.

The MTFCA home page also has links to the encyclopedia, club store, and other neat things that people miss if they go straight to the forum via a bookmark. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:38 am:

Ditto that Mark! Or, as the "hip" kids would say "True Dat"!! ha ha. Maybe they don't use that anymore. Hard to keep up with 'em. :-)

Oh yeh, the latest texting rules say you're not supposed to use a "period" at the end of your sentence, or it can be construed as the sender being ticked off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:53 am:

Mark,

Re-read my post.

I was going in via the home page. The link to the 2016 forum didn't show up until I refreshed the cache.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Oops, my bad, thanks Tom. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

I didn't have to refresh anything on my I-Mac & it showed/shows up. No t sure why others would. Weird computers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

I didn't refresh anything in Linux worked gud 4 me! Tim I never did like missed periods :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

G.R.... LMAO!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

Win 7 with Chrome - all good, no refresh required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Why does this have to be so difficult? I'm using a Mac. I normally go to the home page, click on forums, and get a list of forums. Forum 2016 has yet to appear on that list. So, following (I hope) the sage (I hope) advice on this thread, I went back to the home page and pressed F5 and Control. Nothing happened. Did the same thing on the Forums page. Nothing happened. I presume F5 means that itty bitty button in the row above the numbers.

They didn't offer degrees in nerditude or geekiness when I went to school, many decades ago. I still buy cars that start with a crank! Is there a way I can learn to use this newfangled contraption?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

Gilbert -

The F5 trick is a Windows thing and may not apply on a Mac. Steve or one of the other Mac folks should be able to give you the equivalent refresh command for your computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Gilbert I don't know why it's not behaving for you on your mac. Maybe you have a different model, different OS, we have an iMac, using "El Capitan" as the OS. Everytime I open the MTFCA homepage from my bookmarks toolbar at the top, voila, there it is! Homepage per usual, click forums, then there it is. "2016 Forum" at the top of the list of all the others. Never did a thing differently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

On my Ipad 2 after an "upgrade" to 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2 (the last 2 to try to fix the problem caused by the 8.0 upgrade) my Ipad went from fast loads to taking over a minute to load the next page and 2 minutes to go back. Now the 2016 forum works FAST, but the older forums are still slower than molasses in January in SD.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration