Old Photo - Saving Up For A Truck Body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Saving Up For A Truck Body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Posted this in the classifieds by mistake. So much for my New years resolution to check where I am posting before hitting send, DUH!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Interesting placement of lamps on the back. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Must be cold judging from the mittens and he better pump up that front tire :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Cool pic Jay! What the heck's he doing, carrying the floormat with him?? LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

Other photos of newly delivered TT chassis show the sidelamps temporarily attached on the back of the frame.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/203646.html?1302320230

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

The Runabout beside him is an early '17.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

That guy appears to be little. From the look of it he's gonna need to stretch to find low. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Tim, I thought those elbow length fur mittens were him exercising his right to "bear arms."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Looking at the size of his boot's i think he will have trouble finding the reverse?? It look's like solid tires on the back!Nice picture J!! Bud where about 40 turkeys are in my cornfield every day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

License plate hung around radiator neck, side lamps bolted to frame in the "as delivered" location and he appears to be pulling up to a gas pump; I'd say this is a new TT chassis being delivered, and in winter--looks like snow on the sidewalk!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

He just got back on board and fitting those gloves.

Seemed when he had first tried to crank start, the cold oil caused that TT to creep on him, even with the hand brake all the way back.

That little pebble he placed under the front tire helped it from getting r u n n o f tt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

It looks just like my 1918 TT should have looked when it was new.
Solid rubber rear tires, and the rest would be correct for '17 '18.

The front tire needs air, the rear looks like it would be OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Augustinovich on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

How I StartedThis is how I started!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

A friend of mine has a pair of bearskin gloves just like those. I have a similar pair of vintage gloves, but they are not real bear skin. I do have a bearskin coat, and used to use the gloves I have with it. The big back-end of the glove is to go over the huge sleeves in the coat.
Nice new truck chassis photo! Thanks all!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration