Old Photo - A Ford On The Farm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - A Ford On The Farm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Looks like several Fords on the farm. Looks like a stark lifestyle...the chick's kinda cute tho. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

I thought it was Harold Lloyd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Kinda cute ? Looks like a dude in drag to me !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 06:05 am:

Tim, I think you magically transformed this thread into a statement of your choice in women!! LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:55 am:

Obviously a '17 to '19 car. The photo is probably from the late thirties or forties. Posing with a retired car that was thrown out in the back 40, just waiting for the scrap drives to begin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 09:05 am:

17. The horn button like that wasn't used in 18 and on. In 18, they went with the horn / light switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 09:20 am:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! Ha ha. Gotta admit, after reading Burger's thought, he's kinda right. OMG....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 09:21 am:

You're right Gary, I forgot about the horn button. '17 it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Gary & Dave,

I'm not so sure it's a '17. My TT is an '18 and it has the earlier steering column and horn button like the one shown in the photo.

I think in part it depends on where the vehicle was assembled and how many superseded parts were on hand. If the assembly plant had lots of the older part the new "updated" part took longer to get to the production line because the old parts needed to be used up first.

Certainly it could be a '17, but IMHO it could also be an '18.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Tim can ask her what year the car is next time they go out on a date.

Two other cars in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

Actually Henry, now that I think about it, every '18 I've ever seen has a horn button like that. It was the '19s that got the button facing sideways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Fairly slim evidence to date the car. I would say '17 but, I have seen more than one '18 with a top mounted horn button.

Tootsie there reminds me of my second grade teacher. She liked the girls a lot, boys not so much. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration