Magneto Inspection

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Magneto Inspection
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

Since my car doesn't run on magneto, I'm wondering if the magneto parts are still present. Can I tell without removing the hogs head?

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Phil,

Just pull the small access plate on the top of the hogshead and you should be able to see the magnets.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Phil-
You can take out the magneto contact and stick your finger down the hole to see if there is a contact. The contact you remove will have a pokey thing on the bottom. The contact on the magneto field ring is a blob of solder about the size of a dime.

-Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration