Old Photo - The Coffee Pot Roadside Gas And Rest Stop, Bedford Pa.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - The Coffee Pot Roadside Gas And Rest Stop, Bedford Pa.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Think there's still one of them in Tacoma,WA. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Is this the one Dave?

Bob's World Famous Java Jive in Tacoma, WA A coffee shop in the 1920s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

This kind of character has to stop ! Why can't everything just be boring ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

There is another Coffee Pot service station in eastern Washington just south of Yakima Wa on hiway 97.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:16 am:

I found a coffee pot drive through in Sandpoint, ID the other day out by the airport. Going to try it out next trip to town. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Yes Brass Car Guy, the other coffee pot building in Washington State is the Teapot Dome Service Station built in 1922 on what later became U.S. Route 12 Located at 117 First Avenue, Zillah, Washington.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Most of them were destroyed during the "Tea Pot Dome scandal" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

My Wife & I lived near Bedford - that same Coffee pot is out by the Fairgrounds... or was up to Y2K anyhow.

The real attraction in that town was the Gulf station in the center. I'm sure someone can find a street view of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

Jay, yes that's it, seems like it used to have a lid, or something. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom D on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

As of 2012, the tea pot and gas station were still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom D on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

Also nearby, also on US 30 Lincoln Highway are an ice cream sundae stand and a picturesque barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:48 am:

Great old buildings! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:42 am:

On the way to Chambersburg PA from Butler Pa my Father would take us via route 30 over the mountains. Along the way we would stop at the top of one of the mountains and there was an eatery in the shape of a large ship and out on an observation deck they had large viewers that you would put 10 cents in and look down over the mountain. Their claim to fame was that you could see 7 states from their observation deck. I believe it burnt down in the 90's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

That was called the SS Grandview Ship Hotel. I remember many fun family trips there when it was really a place to see. My wife and I stopped there just one more time when the owner was beginning to sell off the interior items. Back then he offered to sell me the whole business for $55,000. Rt.30 was full of interesting roadside stops and its sad many of those places are gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Here's a period photo of a family posing with the Teapot Dome building in Washington state.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince Altieri.... Greensburg, PA on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

Here's a photo of the Ten Millionth Ford at Grand View Point on the Lincoln Highway. We have a cabin about a mile from here and have driven our T up and down this hill lots of times. The elevation is 2646'. About 1/2 west is the highest point on the Lincoln Highway in Pennsylvania at 2906'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Interesting, I did not know the 15M had writing on the rear panel, this is a view seldom seen, AFAIK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 01:05 am:

I bought gas at the Tea Pot Service station many times as a teenager. One time the attendant asked if I wanted the oil and water checked so as a smart-a?? teen I said yes check the water on the 1962 Corvair. He looked around for a while then came back and said everything seemed to be ok. In the early 70's after the station had been placed on the National Historic Buildings list, a drunk drive straightened out the curve it was in and made it a drive through station. All was restored and the station eventually move down the road to the location this picture was taken in the early 90's. Can anyone ID the white roadster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 05:09 am:

David, look again. That was the Ten Millionth Ford. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 08:52 am:

James E, a Templar looks a lot like that. Just a guess.

Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration