Old Photo - Standard Oil Delivery Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Standard Oil Delivery Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:01 am:

Looks like the kid hasn't grown into his hand-me-downs yet, or for that fact grown a hat yet.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:23 am:

The guy in the middle hasn't grown into his either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Ol' Rockefeller must of hit some hard times and had to deliver the oil himself! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:40 am:

This photo makes me think of an old family story. My paternal grandfather emigrated to the U.S.from Italy in 1913 at the age of 18. He made a beeline for San Francisco, CA where his two older brothers were. His first job was working with them building "the first" Standard Oil Co. tanker trucks.

At the time I was told this story it didn't occur to me (I was a kid) to get some details. I imagine they were building bodies on a running chassis, but have no clue what type of trucks they may have been. As far as I know there aren't any photos either, and everyone with any firsthand knowledge is long gone.

Thanks for another exceptional photo Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Before there were tanker trucks there were tanker wagons. I have the remnants of one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 08:49 am:

If you remember "Death Valley Days" starring Ronald Regan they were sponsored by Boraxo and they had the 20 mule team at the beginning of the show pulling the mine wagons and a tanker wagon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration