2016 Covered Bridge Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2016 Covered Bridge Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Brian Jordan on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

We have dates for the tour they are September 24th thru 28th. We have some information at www.westcentralindianamodelters.com forms will be posted soon that you can download. Same people but Jim and Mary have decided not to host, my wife Valerie and I along with Todd and Kem Johnson will be hosting this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

Good deal Brian, we'll be there. Covered Bridge is the first tour on our calendar every year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott porter on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

Looking forward to the Covered Bridge tour . Where the fun never ends .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Terrific news. I hope Linda and I can attend too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Best part is the Wallace Model T Garage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:55 am:

David, You're absolutely right on that.

It's just like stepping into a 1920's Model T garage: cars, tools, parts, grease, pot belly stove and all. Nick and Thelma, the owners, really did a nice job on this.

No doubt we'll be on this tour again too!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

The bad part, Evan Cork will not be there. He was always such a great host, and I loved the soft ice cream, and looking at all his projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

We have toured a lot with the guys from Wallace.
Evan stayed with us in Ocala after the Winter Tours.
What a great loss losing Evan, he will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Brian Jordan on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

You are correct Evan will be missed and it won't be the same without him. Should have our downloadable forms on the website by February 1st. Thanks for the responses so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

It sounds great. Is the Indy 500 club invited? I'm sure that a few of us would love to attend. Thanks, Rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

We drove this tour in 2013. Great people and great tour. BTW, we didn't trailer there, we drove it. 170 miles from our house to the starting point each way. It was a great trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Brian Jordan on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

Rod,
Anyone that would like to register is welcome. The forms will be on line at westcentralindianamodelters.com after February 1st.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

What is the cost? How does it work? Are we required to tour all days or can we do a few? Is there RV parking with a trailer? Any details would be appreciated. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Rod,
There is rv parking at the fairground that the tour is on. Electric is provided and there is a dump station and water fill up there. I think the cost is $35 a night. Go early as the good spots fill up fast. You are not required to do any tour but you really don't want to miss any. Specially the tour that you do all the Amish stores. This is a very fun tour that we have done for the last five years. We will not be there this year as my sister's daughter is getting married on September 24th in Wisconsin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Oh and the cost is $65 for driver and one passenger, they feed you twice and give attendance prizes. As tours go it is the best deal out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

It's a great tour, well organized, very scenic and you can do the Newport hill climb if you want, I did it in my Fordor, went all the way up in high, not fast. Make sure everything is tight and check things every night or in the morning, there are a lot of washboard roads.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

If you have a real nice or prize winning show car, you might not want to bring it on this tour. On this tour we drive on dusty, gravel roads, often ford a few streams, etc. And if it happens to rain, your car will get even dirtier. Last year I worked for a week to get our T halfway clean before I put it in a museum for the winter.

Now that I've said all that, this tour is one of the most enjoyable that we've been on. Visiting the Wallace Model T Garage is one of the highlights, but unfortunately, Even Cork recently passed away, and he will be missed.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 10:51 am:

I always stop at the quarter car wash before I leave town. As others mentioned, it's a dirty tour. It's also one of the best I go to. Wouldn't miss it for anything. I brought my girlfriend last year. She's not an antique car person but after one day on the Covered Bridge Tour she said, "I totally get why you love this". Nice people, great scenery, relaxed schedule: perfect!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

There is also a Dairy Queen on the main street.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Brian Jordan on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

We now have the flyer, registration and safety form up on our club website. We do have a price increase this year. Sorry but it is needed. Thanks Brian www.westcentralindanamodelters.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 01:09 am:

Below is the corrected link

http://www.westcentralindianamodelters.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Brian Jordan on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Thanks Steve for the corrected link. We are up to 7 registered cars.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration