A little disapponted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A little disapponted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

A few weeks ago I had a small mishap that required me to take my T to my local paint shop for some professional repairs.
I left them with instructions on where to push the car should they need to move it and I also said that it was easy to move around by pushing or pulling on the wooden spokes.
When I went to pick it up I was told that one of the tyres was going flat, and I suspected that someone had swung off the valve stem instead of a spoke.
Yesterday I got myself into a sweat while I swapped the tube for a new one, and yep, it was ripped around the base of the metal stem.
I'm not complaining, I'm just voicing my disappointment....but you'd think that professional tradesmen in the automotive industry would have some idea of blah blah blah........

By the way, the tube I took out had "Made in the USA" stamped on it. The one I replaced it with was made somewhere in the EEC, but was quite a bit more substantial, heavier, robust etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Rob, I feel it is probably a case of not listening and getting the words to the brain----something my wife says happens to me. It is also probably a case of the message being relayed to other workers which may lose translation along the way, and the ultimate, someone just not paying attention.

When I take vehicles in to do work on, I try my best and return them as they were delivered to me. I also try to listen to any quirks of the vehicle an owner will tell me (I do work by myself however and have no one else to blame but me). I have replaced items I have broken on accident or given money off the bill. I do all this as a hobby and I have a conscience and would want to be treated the same. Unfortunately, it just happens to all of us far more often than not nowadays which to me is a sad indication of todays world a lot of times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Rob,

I feel your disappointment.

Many people (tradespeople) today don't seem to have the proper respect for the goods of others. Certainly, not all are somewhat reckless, but enough of them are so that I am very apprehensive when others perform work on my possessions.

Unfortunately, we live in a "throw away" society, and many do not seem to care for something belonging to another. I do hope that things will change soon....and then I ask myself, "Why should they"? Most discouraging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

We have the same problem in Scotland and I'm guessing the problem is marijuana it is smoked by lots of young people in the motor trade which turns their life into a video game with no consequences....................remembering of course in a video game if you die if you just hit the restart button.

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

Could it be your fault for telling them to push/pull on the spokes instead of a tire? 4 post crying over a simple flat is it time to just fix it and go on? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

They likely didn't even realize they grabbed it too hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Yes, its probably my fault for suggesting they use the spokes....I had thought of that.
I'm not "crying over a simple flat", Bud, and it has already been fixed, AND as I said in my first post, I'm not complaining, I'm just a little disappointed.....mainly because playing around with beaded edge tyres and clincher rims is a job I dislike, especially now I'm older and fatter.
BTW, the paint job they did on the car is first rate.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

In my part of the world, we don't all speak the same language. Most of the actual workers only speak Spanish. Lots of details are lost in translation. Ain't "cultural diversity" great??? "It makes us all better"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

Lucky u. We don't have that problem here where I live. That is one of the reasons I don't live there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Holman on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

I took my wife's new F 150 in to get the tires rotated a while back, while I waited. I noticed when it was backed out of the shop the hub caps were not on the truck. As I watched, the A-W-C mechanic (?)got out and reached back in the truck and got the hub caps and his tools off of the passenger seat and went about torqueing the wheels nuts and installing the hub caps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

A-W-C mechanic?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Holman on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

anemic white caucasian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

AKA meth head?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration