Model T Torpedo Runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Torpedo Runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hugh LeRoy on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

I am playing detective trying to find my grandfather's 1912 Model T Ford Torpedo Runabout. It sat in his barn from 1924 to 1966 when Arthur Volbrecht purchased it. He spent years restoring it. His last known address was Brooktondale, NY a village near Ithaca, NY. (Mr. Volbrecht is deceased.) An acquaintance of Mr. Volbrecht remembers seeing this vehicle and others being removed from his residence. This Ford won First Senior Award in its class at the Diamond Jubilee and National Show in 1971. It also was an MTFCI 1973 John A. Stynoski winner. The engine serial number is 92824. My goal is to visit this vehicle and have my picture taken next to it to show my Grandfather's descendants. And, if it is on public display, these descendants will likely want to visit it. This is surely a special Ford. it was the subject of a cover story in the Model T Times, No. 151 (May/June 1974). It was also mentioned in The Vintage Ford - Nov/Dec 1971. Any help would be of great value to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

The first thing I would do is obtain a copy of Arthur Volbrecht's obituary. That will give the names of any survivors - wife, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, etc.

If any of the above are still living, they may know who bought the car after Mr. Volbrecht past away. That will give you a start in tracing the history of the car from his death forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:45 pm:

I think it is possible to order an abstract of title from the department of motor vehicles in many states. Since you have two owners' names, periods of ownership, and a serial number, you already have a start. You might have to do this in any number of states.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 05:38 am:

David

I used to correspond with art in the 90's. Here are 2 photos of his car. I think the engine number was 92824. First photo taken in the early 70's

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 10:32 am:

You might also want to contact the AACA since it very likely would be registered there if any of the later owners were members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Dix on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

I have information that will help you. Read your messages.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration