Engine Pans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine Pans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Does anyone really use engine pans. I have never used engine pans on all the T's I have owned. I was told they took them off for cooling. They are a pain if you want to work on the carb. Is there really a useful purpose. I would like your thoughts. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

They catch miscellaneous parts that happen to come loose on the road! My oil filler cap has been saved by them more than once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

This comes up about two or three times a year. Seem that there are two options. If you want to use them do, if not, don't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

There is also pans for the transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

They were on the car when it was new.

That's reason enough for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Me 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

They are great for Mud roads. I use them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

There's even a non practical reason. I had mine off for a while. I do lots of car shows and display the car with the hood up. Without the pans, the car looked weak and incomplete, more like a tractor than a car. It looks more robust and car like with the pans in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

While I have had them on and now off, more a case that the carb I was using would not allow them on that side and just had not put them back on after the last time the engine was out. I understand the cooling part, they carry the air over the whole engine and not just down and out the front. Most cars had them up into the 30's so they must have been there for more then just dirt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

I understand that they help with the air flow and keep the engine cooler. I plan to put some on once my car is put back together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

Its the same as the new car designs we see nowadays.
Helps the air to flow faster underneath! Hee hee

I have one on the drivers side and removed the exhaust side. With the early hood and no louvers it really helped letting the flow air come thru the radiator and exit.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration