New member here,

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New member here,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Just joined the forum, have been reading posts for past three years, I have much to learn on these T's, Have been building old cars about 55 years so I kind of know they all are different, as for the T I just bought for a project a month ago most mechanics should be done (stalled project from more than one previous owner) new wood done, new motor overhaul, radiator, steering brakes, good wood wheels with new tires and tubes, I have all the old glass and I hope all the trim but that is a long way off before getting new glass, I'm amazed at the interest and know how you members have, I have been on other sites on other cars I've done but this site tops them all !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

Thomas, Welcome to the affliction. You are correct about this site topping them all. Sometimes a few of us get a little grumpy, but you will find more help here than anywhere else. Post a few pics of you project. They say "without pictures, it never really happened" :-) You will find that Ts are addictive. Have fun and be safe Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Thomas, be warned as I wasn't. These guys will...pick your car apart, then help you put it back together.

They will scold you for the simplest thing, and praise you for nothing.

They will scream bloody murder, then give a great compliment.

They will criticize your work, then pat you on the back.

Yup, welcome to the T world a world that there is no turning back.

You will enjoy every stupid thing about it and wish you had started earlier in life. I know this to be true...as true as the new friends you are about to meet and treasure ~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Thomas welcome you are about to have a blast. Donnie is right a few do get a little grumpy, but pictures do calm us down. It is like playing where's Waldo we will look at everything and try to "help" you get it right. Don't be afraid to say buzz off. It's your car. Don you also had a very nice post but you should not double space as it takes to much room on the thread.....haha just joking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

Welcome! If ever you may need an odd part or two that is not readily available through the vendors, try running an want add in the classified section of the forum. Over time most parts can be found. Everyone here wants to see your T together and running as much as you do. They also want you to have fun along the way. Remember,be sure to ask questions and lots of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

Welcome. This is a great forum with lots of great tech info from people who know. I am new myself and have learned a lot in the last couple years just from reading. It keeps me working on my T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Welcome Thomas, I too am a NEW GUY and have learned a lot from the "classifieds" and "forum", but above all have corresponded with some really neat, helpful and understanding people. REMEMBER ONE THING guys, we all started at the bottom at one time, and it's been a fun ride learning something each day. I personally would like to thank each an everyone for being tolerant and understanding. You guys have made it "FUN" to be part of the addictive Model "T"s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:26 am:

Welcome!! Yes we can all get in a mood at times, but just let it roll off. The knowledge of this forum is great, but don't let it scare you off if the knowledgeable ones pick your car apart. I was a little put off by that too 10 years ago, but I have come to terms my pickup was likely pieced together. Knowledge is power, I still love it and it's mine. Enjoy these cars for what they are. And Yes, you will wish you started sooner. They are a ton of fun. Be careful out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 08:10 am:

Thomas, might as well start planning a bigger garage if you don't already have one! I started with the car in the foreground of my profile pic, and then look what happened! And my first T is snuggled behind closed doors! Enjoy the ride. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

Thanks to all !Well I do have two garages but have four cars that are done but this project is taking up the only work space, I will try to post pictures but right at this time the camera is in the garage where I intend to keep it until the car is done, I have always regretted not taking enough pictures when working, this forum has already answered my first three questions and my first order for parts was for books, Model T Ford by Bruce McCalley, what a lot of info! Wish the pictures were better. I did do a Model A a few years ago and the only Model T I have ever touched was a motor my dad buried in 1925 that I dug up in 1955 just because he said it was there! My coupe happens to be a 1925, I wonder what year my dad was changing motors on. Yes I am doing family tree research now also. Any thing old grabs me. I'll be back! (just ordered new rear fenders)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Thanks to all !Well I do have two garages but have four cars that are done but this project is taking up the only work space, I will try to post pictures but right at this time the camera is in the garage where I intend to keep it until the car is done, I have always regretted not taking enough pictures when working, this forum has already answered my first three questions and my first order for parts was for books, Model T Ford by Bruce McCalley, what a lot of info! Wish the pictures were better. I did do a Model A a few years ago and the only Model T I have ever touched was a motor my dad buried in 1925 that I dug up in 1955 just because he said it was there! My coupe happens to be a 1925, I wonder what year my dad was changing motors on. Yes I am doing family tree research now also. Any thing old grabs me. I'll be back! (just ordered new rear fenders)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

oops! said password was incorrect first time?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration