Original seat upholstery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Original seat upholstery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

what to do with the old seat covers from my 24 tudor ? I removed them very carefully so they could be used as a pattern , or are they just junk ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Ken, a set of patterns would definitely have some value. It's possible to purchase correct seat and panel material from the vendors and the cost and the satisfaction of building your own would certainly make the work worth it. And besides, I'd be interested in talking to you about buying, renting, borrowing or whatever if they turned out to be some good patterns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Ken, here in Australia, original upholstery patterns are like gold. Having so many different body builders in the different states makes matching upholstery details a real headache. I have kept a series of patterns for the Duncan and Fraser bodied cars made here in South Australia. They are an invaluable guide to the motor trimmer, if the customer wants to use them.

You fellows are lucky in one sense. With all the cars having the same trim, and companies producing trim kits, albeit of mixed quality, you do not have anywhere near the same problem.

If you have room, store your original trim, or hand it on to someone who can.

Just my opinion.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration