Rare animal form a truck truck-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rare animal form a truck truck-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Neat Photo Herb!! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:31 am:

That hard rubber rear tire looks to be pretty much worn out! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:58 am:

Interesting!
Was the top lowered to fit the windshield while folded? Then the driver must have been short - hard to lower the seat with the tank under it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Twenty-five cents was a lot of money to most country folks in those days. I've got a feeling that a lot of folks went away feeling like suckers after taking a look at those mangy mutts. Is it even possible to cross a coyote with a dog? If it were, I assume it would be a sterile hybrid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:44 am:

I dunno if it was sterile or not, but a guy I once knew had a pet he claimed was half dog and half wolf. I never verified his claim, but the animal sure played the part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Yes, it is possible and there have been recent notes about that in our local paper. Wolf-dog cross are common in the west. Jack London wrote a novel "WOLF" about such an animal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

I used to live across the street from one in Toronto during the '70s. It would howl a lot and the neighbors were rather afraid of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Okay, I had to go to Wikipedia to study up on this. Dogs and Gray Wolfs are closely related and are both sub-species of the species: “Canis lupus.” Coyotes are close but not the same species. Coyotes are species: “Canis latrans.”

However, according to Wikipedia: “All species within the Canis genus, the wolf-like canids, are phylogenetically closely related with 78 chromosomes and can potentially interbreed.”

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

"phylogenetically"

There's a word I never thought I'd see on a T forum, (he said as he pretended he knew it in advance). ;O)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

So, are all the products of phylogenetic reproduction sterile? We know that mules, being the offspring of a horse and a donkey, are. What about some of the other possibilities?

To remain on topic, can Ford and a Packard produce a Buick? If so, can two Buicks produced in this manner produce another Buick?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 12:38 am:

That's a really great photo Herb!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration