Motorcycle Mirror for Side on 26 Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Motorcycle Mirror for Side on 26 Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Perkins on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Any tips on mounting a motorcycle mirror on the driver's side of my '26 Roadster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:30 am:

It's considered a manly thing to use duct tape for everything ! Head wounds to bicycle repairs,
duct tape does it all ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:47 am:

red

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

If the women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Mark Perkins,

A picture of the mirror may help spur some reasonable ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Mark,3" of duct tape would be sufficient to let it fall off at the first bump. I have yet to see a motorcycle mirror which did not look like a motorcycle mirror. I try to find something which looks correct for the period. They are available.

Just me on my pet hate.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

What??? Our ideas aren't reasonable??? !!!!
But Dan is right, lots of ways to mount a side mirror on a '26, some don't even involve drilling a hole in your stanchion! Need some idea of how the mirror's original mount looks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

I have never been accused of anything so heinous as being "unreasonable" !!! 8^O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Ok, thread drift.
Yesterday at work we got in a BMW with a hole in the oil pan big enough to stick your fist in.
One of the guys patched it with duct tape, put in four qts. Of oil, started the engine and we all listened for a while and decided it would be worth the effort of replacing the oil pan without worrying about the rods and mains.
The tape was still holding when we left tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 07:50 am:

Ok, not exactly a '26 roadster, but motorcycle mirrors mounted as hinge pins in this old thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/154212.html?1281636851

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:39 am:

Here is how I mounted an old peep mirror on my 26.

It was later replaced with an original style mirror that the vendors sell.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration