Drum brake bushing-,s-? question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Drum brake bushing-,s-? question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

On the 26-7 brake drum ,does it takes 2 bushings or one in the front
Thank you . LOrenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

One ea. left and right housing for the '26-'27 hub brake bushing #2559B.

The Parts and Price Book can be your friend, its lists number required per car for each part. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

I think Lorenzo means the trans brake drum, all the wide brake drum trans I've pulled down have had the 2 bushings and that's what I replace with, I believe that Herm has posted before that he only uses one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

Sorry Dan my fault I was referring to the transmission drum on a 26-7 the brake drum and drive plate , I once read that the later T,s 26-7 had only one at the brake drum [I think I did but find no answer] sorry for not been clearer
lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Later model transmissions used 1 brake drum bushing to be align reamed with the driven plate as was indicated in a Ford Service Bulletin. One needs to use the special, stepped reamer and then "index" the driven plate to brake drum for proper re-assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

Only the front one is needed on the 26-27 transmissions because the driving plate is securely captured inside the brake drum and the end of the trans shaft is captured inside the driving plate.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration