1950's F100

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1950's F100
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Walker on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

we found an F100 on our ranch while flying over in a chopper. Considering it's been out in a pasture for some time it looks to be in pretty decent condition. The windshield is still intact. Wood paneling in the bed is gone however as are the tires. Anybody looking to restore one of these guys?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Philip I would be more than happy to come trailer that pitiful eyesore off of your property, in fact I wouldn't even charge you for the service. =D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

As a guy who lives in a traditional "neighborhood", the notion of finding a vehicle on my property, that I had no previous knowledge of, kind of blows my mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Jerry: Just wait. I got all excited the other day, I found a "barn find" 1911 touring that looked like it was lost for years. Then I remembered it was my barn. :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

Hey Jerry, it's not impossible to find something on one's property that is unknown to the owner.

My brother bought a large (several thousand acre) ranch, north of Del Rio, Texas and it had an early TT with solid rubber rear tires on it, in restorable condition.

My sister and brother-in-law bought a 1500 acre ranch, north of Uvalde, Texas and there was a 20's era Whippit chassis on it.

Finally, (not kin to me) a local man bought a small farm in the Texas German/Czech settled area of central Texas, about 100 miles west of where he and I are from. On it, in a barn, was a 24 TT truck and a 25 T touring car. The owner's estate was selling the property, mainly for the land and the house that were on it. As the prospective buyer and wife were being shown the property by a realtor, it was mentioned that everything went with the sale, and that there was an "old car and truck" in the old barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:17 pm:

Hey, Dan, any interest in unloading that 1911 barn find????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Yep, I pity anyone who has to go to the bother of flying in a helicopter just to find where things are mislaid on his property.

I have a 5 acre spread out here and my wife can tell me just where anything is, even when I don't want to know!

:^)

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

I'm on 10 acres, and there's spots I've never gone here--to many rocks, manzanita, poison oak & rattlesnakes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

Phillip,

The only " flying " I get to do is unintentional & usually involves a motor vehicle accident not of my fault ....

You lucky dog ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

I am already waist deep in a 50 f1 I would try selling it online on the ford barn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:37 am:

Found out that one nice thing about a 50's F1, is the steering box can be modified to fit exactly in place of a model A steering box. Some guy in CA does 'em. Can't remember his name but still have the papers in the workshop mess in the basement. I bought one from him for my model A, as when I opened it up to clean it up and rebuild the original, discovered it had a nice crack in the housing. Wasn't taking any chances on that one. His "new" one fit up easily and works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Walker on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 11:16 am:

nice reading your commentary this morning folks, ha.......yep, there's all kinds of stuff out on the land if you get out there and walk......make new discoveries weekly on this place. as far as the helicopter goes we do "fly-overs" with Fish and Wildlife, etc. to "manage" feral hogs. finding the truck was a "bonus" to the job of terminating feral swine! Seth, maybe we should speak over the phone Jerry, when not on the family ranch near Del Rio and I to go back to "my traditional neighborhood"......worlds apart!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Well, you smaller parcel guys need to take your drones out more often :-)

We have 12 acres and the neighbor behind us had a little automotive grave yard in the woods. Axles, frames, even some type of body from the '20's-'30's. The body disappeared within the last couple of years. Many old farms here in Ohio have that treeline scrap pile from long ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration