Old Photo - Juneau Alaska Plank Street

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Juneau Alaska Plank Street
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

I was there a couple of years ago, still looks the same!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Still looks the same! You mean after all those years that guy still hasn't gotten across the street!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

We were there last June. The streets are paved now and the cars modern, but otherwise very much the same. Of course my review of city progress was limited as we spent a good part of our time in the Red Dog Saloon. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:40 am:

Interesting grooves in the pavement. Almost looks like it could be planked wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Tim, It is planked wood your seeing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Henry, We were there about 4 years ago. That's my wife in front of the Northern Lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Wasn't there a bad earthquake around time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

Did you have a Beer at the Red Dog Saloon? I did! Smile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

We did have a beer at the at the Red Dog. We also enjoyed the music and jokes of a veteran entertainer. All in all it was fun! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 09:09 am:

Thanks Jay...and wow, if there was an earthquake there, imagine all the splinters flying everywhere....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 10:21 am:

While in the Red Dog did you notice all the political campaign memorabilia on the walls!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Yes Thomas, and many hunting trophies including the obligatory rabbit with antlers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

I see very little the same. All the little street details ... the utility poles and wires, the
signage, all the stuff that makes old cool. Now it has all the character of a contrived
tourist trap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

Guess I need to go see the Plank street in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

No one has mentioned the model T around the corner?? I would think it's still there? Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration