New Non Demountable Wood Felloe Rims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Non Demountable Wood Felloe Rims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Can anyone with actual experience rebuilding a set of re spoked wood wheels with new spokes and the currently available newly made rims for wood felloe wheels comment on their use?.
Are the new rims drilled for the fellow screws and joining plates? If not how was this problem solved? Did a professional the wood wheel re builder actually use the new rims?
Any other comments, problems or areas to be careful with?
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

The Vintage Rims website doesn't answer the question, but says: Ask your wheel shop about McLaren rims on your new wood wheels. http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/602200.html?1452213472
I would ask him and the wheel shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

That link seems to refer to this site?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Ron, you could try calling Noah Stutzman in Baltic Ohio and ask him. I'd be willing to bet he's already been there, done that. 330-897-1391.
Leave a message as he never answers it. He WILL call you back, usually the same day. Never more than a day after. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:40 am:

I don't know how I managed to screw up that link. http://americanvintagerims.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

Ron, I was just up to Noah Stutzman's yesterday to pickup my wheels. It is an OMG experience to see his operation. He has an approximately 25" X 20" sealed room - heated and controlled humidity to prepare the wood. It is a huge operation, not just a one man show. He just did a batch of 80 Model T wheels, yes 80 (collects for a few weeks to get enough for a batch). He is an Amish wheelwright and they do every conceivable type of wood wheel. I saw wheels from 1 foot diameter to 6 foot yesterday. Lots of wood fellow wheels. The cost is very reasonable and you will not be disappointed by the finished product. If you drive up and I would advise it just for the experience, go to New Bedford, go West a 1,000 feet and turn onto Township Rd. 12. It is about 2.5 miles on the left side. Don't come in from the West side of his place. I tried to go to his place from I 71. Big mistake.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration