Ot - Get Ready to Bend Over California Vehicle Owners

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ot - Get Ready to Bend Over California Vehicle Owners
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Just heard on the news tonight that Our Governor Brown wants to tack on another $65 to each car you register in Califunny under his new budget plan. LUCKY US!

I say if it's Brown flush it down!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

I haven't heard about this yet Jay. Did the news item talk at all about what the additional $65 would be spent on?

Oops! I lost my head there for a minute. It makes no difference what they tell us. They'll use is as they please regardless of what's said now.

Flushing hasn't worked. When our current dictators term ends we will have had a total of 24 years under a Governor Brown. It's more than I can think of all at once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:09 pm:

Hopefully someone will "Trump" their efforts in the near future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

OH great, we already have one of the highest, if not the highest registration/licensing fees in the USA, and now he wants even more!!
I don't understand life today. Our taxes/fees have gone up and up, and yet government (Local, county, state) is broker than ever, and cutting services right & left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

I really love our state but I just as much hate the government that runs it. From what I have seen on this forum we don't have the worse fees and rules for our old cars but it rates pretty close to the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Good Ol' Gov. Moonbeam. Anything to replace revue from lost from cheap gas and Hybrids .I wonder how much will be skimmed off for his choo choo ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 12:43 am:

By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

I don't understand life today. Our taxes/fees have gone up and up, and yet government
(Local, county, state) is broker than ever, and cutting services right & left.

===================================================

Whaddya mean, "cutting services" ??? What do you think Governor Moonbeam & Associates
consider all the welfare and feelgood programs you fools have in your budget ???

Have you ever looked up what the California Dept. of Corrections spends to keep revolving-door
felons locked up ?

State documents say: "CDCR manages a budget of more than $9.1 billion"

OK, boys and girls, what else might we do with 9.1 BILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR ???

Um .... yeah ... :-P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Burger,
Well, yes, some parts of our society are getting more benefits, but those of us still working certainly aren't. I feel like a rube at the carnival! Gee, if I didn't work and was 'destitute' I could have a free cell phone, free health care, etc. etc.
But, I'm afraid this thread is going down a road not intended for this forum.
Now if I could just win the power-ball--oh wait, first I'd have to buy a ticket. Oh well. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Casey wilmunder on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:05 am:

Well hopefully smog will get bumped up latest talk was no more tailpipe gas inspection just a quick
Check of your obd2 parameters to make sure everything is working good.everything 1996 and
Below smog exempt.

Jay a question you might have a answer too is there still a luxury tax on horseless carriage plates in California still have a set I have get registered and deal with the hassle of our great god of chp officer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:15 am:

I am seriously considering just putting a non-op on all my antiques I rarely drive and just keep good insurance on them. I expect I will save thousands before I get ticketed for one, then I will just pay the fees for that car. (In California, they are fees, not taxes) The ones I drive all the time, I will pay the money to fund all of the wonderful government services we enjoy here in the golden state. I love it here. No, really!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Casey,
DO NOT GO TO THE CHP guy!!! Horseless Carriage plates are registered to the vehicle, not the individual, I forget the DMV code number, but they stay with the vehicle even when ownership changes. AND they are exempt from penalties for non-operation periods. If you need, I will try to look up the vehicle code numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:28 am:

This is OT so I'll put my $.02 in .....
I moved from California a year and a half ago....I bought a 1948 Ford Woodie when I lived there...Like an IDIOT and a law- bidin' citizen I told them how much I paid for it...Well,,,,the license was $591.00 a year for it.....So I register it here in CO.
$ 234.00.........for five years vintage car plate....!!!
AND,,,,,,,,there was only on person in line in front of me the day I registered it ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 02:54 am:

Here in Wisconsin the first COLLECTOR plate costs $200 (good for as long as you own the car) for the first vehicle and $150 per thereafter.
You can get an ANTIQUE plate for for $10 lifetime but legal use is restricted to "maintenance" (I do a lot of maintenance driving with the '19 Touring T) or going/returning from a show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:51 am:

Criminals in prisons are living longer just like the rest of us so we need to pay out more taxes to keep them for longer.
And that is only the ones they have caught the rest are still out there causing damage and high policing costs and on and on it goes...
Then lawyers get involved some paid for by the State.
Then we get the politicians we deserve so we are told, most know how to promise and spend it but never seem to be able to save or manage it.
Some States have more illegals than other which probably costs the tax payers more to deal with and then we are back to crime again and folks who don't pay any taxes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:41 am:

Money spent keeping felons in jail is well spent. The budget for paying welfare, food stamps and free housing for illegal aliens needs to be shifted to border security. That would help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:57 am:

I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 for an Ohio "historical plate" for a couple of my cars, a couple I have "regular plates" for 'em. But in Ohio we don't have quite the expense for providing a living for immigrants like the SW states do. Not yet anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Felons are better kept in the cemetery I think, cheaper for the tax payers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:48 am:

Gad! It sure would be pleasant to hear some positive news SOME WHERE! Still waiting for new tires back ordered from Costco coming from back east through bad weather a week late so we can take a few days vacation-----I think to sunny Califunny! Even the California Sea Lions who have been barking all night keeping folks awake and eating our salmon have left! Sorry! OT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Only thing I know about the proposed budget is the newspaper headline which reads something like this,"Governor proposes a very Conservative budget".

In California we have initiative on the ballot and can be placed there by a certain number of signatures on the petition. When property taxes got out of hand, proposition 13 was passed. It limited the tax. So maybe if the tax is increased on cars, the people will revolt again.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

With all due respect Norm, I strongly supported Proposition 13 when it was on the ballot. Now some 35 or so years later the results are seriously flawed. The fact that we have lived in the same house for 30 years has kept our taxes to a current level of about $1,200 per year. People in our neighborhood who have homes of identical value and who purchased more recently are paying about $4,000 per year.

The property tax structure was seriously flawed and badly needed to be addressed. Unfortunately, Prop. 13 has created an equally serious flaw in equitable taxation.

Many Californians seem to believe our ballot initiative process is wonderful. They have the notion that when "the people have spoken" the best result is achieved. Nothing could be further from the truth. The initiative process is absolutely the worst way to make law because many (most?) voters fail to actually learn and understand the issues.

Unfortunately for us, our legislature seems to be even less able to make good law. I'm a native (3rd generation) Californian. This is indeed a wonderful place. However, we have come to a point in our governance that compels some of us to consider moving elsewhere.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

With flawed house taxes like that the Govt will have half of you homeless before you know it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

The revolving door in prisons is good for business. it keeps thousands of attorneys, judges, court clerks, police, bail bond companies, bailiffs, parole officers etc. very busy and all of their salaries are paid for with tax revenue. When business slacks off it is time for another early release.
I am sure if they leased prisons in Mexico and threw away the keys we could save a bunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

You think we might get a couple of pot holes fixed??
Oh Wait, Better Not wish for that.... The patches feel worse than the holes! Go Figure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

George C., The Gov has a choo choo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

RE Dave Wells, I wish Trump were running for CA. Gov, instead of U.S. Prez.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

Terry, Here's a clip on Jerry Brown's "CRAZY TRAIN"
moonbeam indeed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIkotc1Jyv4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

It is interesting how humans maintain artificial realities, such as the "value of life", or the
more arrogant human spin, that human life is somehow more valuable than other life forms.

Anyone asked by our gov't. to go forth and carry a rifle is presented with a perplexing form
of contrarianism that it is now OK to kill others because "someone" said so. And then we get
all up in arms when the poor sap can't reconcile the logics or turn off the OK button to find
"permanent solutions" like they got trained to do !

No one ever thinks this all the way through to the origins of what establishes said values,
WHO is doing the saying !

Meanwhile, Johnny Rapist kills X-number of innocent civilians and we still find him too "valuable"
as a "human" to pull the trigger on ???

I am having trouble filing this all under one single line of logic.

I am all for giving someone a SECOND chance. But a third and a 24th ? No, this moron/scumbag
is simply too expensive to keep on the roster and needs to move to his next station on the food chain.

NEXT, PLEASE !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

Without the initiative we would not have any control on the politicians. Unfortunately at all levels they are greedy and do favors for their friends. We used to have a 4 cent gas tax. This tax was used exclusively for road improvements. Over the years it increased. Gas was not subject to sales tax. Later a ballot proposition was passed to extend sales tax to gasoline. This was supposed to pay for transportation. This sales tax is on top of the gasoline price, the federal and local sales tax. So when any of the taxes are increased, the sales tax also increases. Then later the gas tax revenue was also used for rapid transit and now very little of the revenue is used for road repair or construction. All levels of government from federal, state, and local have followed this corruption. They promise one thing and when they get the money, they spend it any way it will increase their chances of re-election or their retirement. And the two other groups to benefit are those who receive a handout and so continue to vote for the same ones, and those who finance their campaigns.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Can you imagine a forced re-assignment of all income-to-spending budget accountability ?

The public would be all pitchforks and torches when they figured out how much money was
involved and where it got "channeled".

OR

An awakening would occur where a lot of BS spending went unfunded because they could no
longer hide it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Perhaps the Texas Gov. has an answer???
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/texas-governor-calls-for-constitutional-c onvention/ar-CCiIFz?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SK2EDHP
(Very doubtful Washington 'power brokers' would ever let this SANITY to prevail.....)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Too many oxygen thieves running the country for my liking.
One day we will find that the Pearly Gates will need to be brought a little closer to home to eradicate repeat offenders a lot earlier and show less mercy.
It will sure make St Peters job a little easier if we clean them out first...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

Here is more on Gov. Brown's $65 per vehicle proposal:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/04/gop-rejects-jerry-browns-new- car-fee-gas-tax/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

With some luck the ACCC (Association of California Car Clubs)will lobby for antique and classic car exemption. They have been successful on some of the smog laws for collector cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

The idea is to get every Californian to live in the inner cities and either walk, bike, or use public transportation. That way we don't need the roads. The "bullet train" will carry people from one city to another.

A perfect setup for terrorist attacks. One large bomb on a major city will wipe out millions or destruction of a portion of the bullet train will cut off transportation. Our present transportation systems work just fine if they are kept in repair. It is also much safer for the population to be spread around.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Cali funny needs get those welfare cheats and lazy out of the system oh wait we got them here

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration