The OTHER inside oil line

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The OTHER inside oil line
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

We're all familiar with the oil funnel and tube that takes oil to the front of the engine.

But there's also an accessory version that's advertised to double the amount of oil carried to the front. I don't see any way for it to fit. Does anybody have a picture of one installed? I'd like to see how it's supposed to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

Steve, they fit under the horshoes in the pan, the funnel goes up next to the mag ring, you have to kind of fit it in the proper position.
I had one in my 24 until I put a Scat crank in and there is not enough room.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Steve, Rick is exactly right, i have a pic of the newer version the vendors now sell, hope it helps. Its in the background, not exactly a great pic, but i think you can get the idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

I have one just like yours on my '26. It runs along the right side of the pan. The strip with the holes goes under the inspection cover hold down strips. I forget what they are called. I'll get you some pictures tomorrow as my motor is tore down right now. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:47 am:

Here is a video featuring those tubes, scroll over to about 7:30:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW0u6aUjQBI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:57 am:

I have both of the Accessory internal oil lines in my coupe and was able to install them while the engine was in the car. I am quite happy with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Stop experimenting Steve. You just seem to get into trouble. I don't want to see you in a couple of weeks pulling bits of that beat up junk out of the oil you just drained from your second going on third engine tear down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 11:26 am:

And the knock you may develop is from the rods hitting that particular accessory inside oil line...

Found that to be the culprit on a couple cars I've worked on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

I took apart a '27 engine that had two accessory inside oil lines that had been making contact with the crank. Good way to circulate metal through the engine. I don't see the point, the stock big funnel line does fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

Here's one installed. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

I have an extra oil line in my '25 Coupe that may dad put in the engine in 1965 when we bought the car. He learned to do this growing up in western Kansas and it still working fine, no problems. He had good attention to detail.

Joe R.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration