Quick update on my Grandson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Quick update on my Grandson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:16 am:

He was moved into general care yesterday morning. He now breathing completely on his own. He is now able to sit in a wheelchair. There is talk of letting him go home sometime in March but there's a large <?> mark on his condition. Other than the first scan back in November that showed some slight change there has still no change in the tumor. Next week he is getting some kind of scan to see inside of the tumor to see if the chemotherapy is doing any good at all. He has had three rounds of chemo to date and the docs are beginning to question its effectiveness.

He seems to be in very good spirits. Almost a normal 3 year old. The doc's have been doing a lot of therapy on his legs to get them ready to support his weight. They would like to see him walk again. He has not walked on his own since Oct 31st.

Myself, I am becoming more and more confidant that he will beat this thing. After this next scan I think I might be able to sleep a little better knowing that everything is going the right direction..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:34 am:

We are still thinking and praying for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Will, I think this deserves at least a big "YAHOO"! And like Herb, you and your grandson are still in our thoughts and prayers, virtually daily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

Will C, Thank you for the update. Linda asks me almost every day if there is any news here. We are both still sending our wishes your way everyday. Stay strong, and make the most of each day.
Wayne ans Linda Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

James putting his racetrack together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Fantastic
He and your family are in my daily prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

God Bless him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

So good to see! Like Jerry said...God Bless him, and you're family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Best wishes on a speedy recovery for your grandson James.I love the picture of him playing with the racetrack and it makes me think that in no time at all he will be driving and restoring Ford Model T's

Norrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Will, I wish the best for the boy and hope for his full recovery.

For the last several years I've been dealing with a couple tumors that have had an effect on my wellness. The folks at the VA called me today and scheduled a cat scan for later this month. Apparently one of the tumors located on my adrenal glands may have grown or changed or whatever again. Apparently my potassium levels have become dangerously low and my blood pressure has gone too high.

When I add the effect created by another tumor on the front of my brain that I've been dealing with for the last several years (that one cost me my eyesight for a couple years and presented some pretty good migraines) I start to flinch at the mention of the word tumor.

It's scary stuff and I can't imagine the effect it's having on your grandson and your family. But, it's great to hear you may soon be driving around in your Model T with him in the seat by you. It would sure be a wonderful thing to see another photo of you and him together in that old car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Will , that is fantastic !! We've been praying for him in my small group from church , God is truly great and powerful , we will continue to pray for him and a speedy recovery , may the lord continue to bless him and the entire family .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

It is saddening to see anyone go through this, especially kids. I guess it is another artificial reality
we humans make for ourselves that kids should be immune from such troubles. Like the paradigm
that parents should never have to bury their kids. But even in Model T times, childhood mortality
was pretty common.

That said, I have a client whose kid had cancer at two and went through hell. I recently saw him
again and go the photo tour. I was amazed. The kiddo is doing great and is almost 10 now !

I hope your story works out well too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration