Results of MTFCA Year-End Challenge Match!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Results of MTFCA Year-End Challenge Match!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:01 am:

The MTFCA is extremely pleased to report that the year-end Challenge Match of $20,000 was not only met, but was exceeded! A total of $31,887 was gifted by members, chapters, and non-members. This amount does not include the $20,000 match donation by our generous anonymous supporter.

Sometimes “Thank you” does not seem big enough to express the gratitude that stands behind the sentiment. There are many organizations worthy of support and we are humbled that so many chose to give to the MTFCA and the Museum. We depend on contributions throughout the year to pay for the Museum’s regular expenses, such as utilities, maintenance, and advertising.

Because of the gifts received during the Challenge Match, we are moving ahead with some exciting plans to expand the Museum’s programs. Although still in the beginning phase, the Museum Committee is working on definitive plans to convert a portion of the Annex building into a Vintage Garage and Education Center. The vision is to not only have an exhibit that recreates the look and feel of a Model T-era garage, complete with original tools and equipment, but also to be a working garage. Here people can bring in a Model T and experts will demonstrate how to make the repairs and restoration. These hands-on seminars and demonstrations will be available to any car enthusiast, young and old alike.

We believe this project aligns perfectly with the MTFCA mission: “To preserve and promote the Model T Ford for future generations by educating people of all ages in the history, lore and skills of maintenance of the car that put the world on wheels.” Our goal is to have the Vintage Garage and Education Center complete by early 2017. More information will be shared as the plans progress.

We are truly grateful for the generosity of our members, chapters, and friends. A big thanks to “Freighter Jim” who tirelessly promoted the year-end Challenge Match with his special offer. The success of our Club and Museum is a cooperative effort and we hope you are proud to be a part of what is happening here and hope everyone has a visit to the Museum in their 2016 travel plans!

susan@mtfca.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:06 am:

Thankyou for sharing a description of how the money will be used!

How about carving away a few bucks to have a sign put up at the top of the I-70 exit so that folks know which way to turn and how far to drive to go to the museum? On the way out to Hershey this year, I had a little time to spare, so on a whim I decided to pull off the highway to check out the museum. I guessed wrong, wandered around for a while, then decided to get back on the highway and resume my travels.

I did catch the museum on the return trip and was impressed. Looking forward to visiting the museum again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Great suggestion, Mark. You're right, it can be confusing to find us once you get off I-70 and are unfamiliar with the area. We will work on that!
Thanks for visiting the Museum and do come again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

Susan,

You may be able to get the state or county to help with signage. The museum I volunteer at has lots of nice big brown signs pointing the way, all provided by the government. I don't know if we had to help with costs or not, but at least they already owned the poles and right of way.

Just a thought..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Hi Susan,

That was nice of you to mention me but I know there are many others who do far more than is possible for me to accomplish.

My standing offer extends to this year as well:

I will provide free enclosed transport along routes I am hauling on for parts - materials - ephemeral items that anyone wishes to donate to the MTFCA Museum in Richmond, IN.

This is YOUR MUSEUM folks .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration