Window regulator for 1925 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Window regulator for 1925 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

A quick search didn't show anything, so I ask, I bought a later model regulator that I can make work on my '25 coupe, I would guess that others have had to do this for '25 and earlier cars, will have to drill three new holes no problem but it looks like the arm will have to be lengthened 1 1/2" or so, I have mocked it up and don't see any other problem, if anyone can confirm that this is a good fix I'd like to hear from you , thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Can you post a picture of the old reg? I have some that may be right. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

I forgot one important thing, the regulator needed is for the steel door, five mounting holes, the new one is three hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Thomas, my '25 coupe has those replacement regulators on it, probably installed in the early '60's. I think they are for '26-'27 and/or model A coupes. They appear to be unmodified, but the windows lack about three inches or so of going all of the way down. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 10:28 am:

There's a cold spell coming next week in western Pa so today I'm going to take some more measurements and maybe drill some holes to mount the regulator then see if I'm right that lengthening the arm will work, I'll try to remember to get a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 11:05 am:

This doesn't give the exact year of usage but shows the different regulators for closed cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

Dave you are right, the regulators 50400x and 50401x are the ones being sold now, modifying the arm will not work, use as is window lacks about 3 in. of going all the way down, it will do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Thomas, I haven't been around any other coupes to notice, but maybe that's as far down as they will go? I'll bet Dave Sosnoski knows! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Brewer - NorCal on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

I used the later regulators in my '24 (wood frame doors) and the windows go all the way up and down. I made a bracket from 1/8" aluminum. The regulator is not in the stock position, so if your car is upholstered, it probably won't work for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 09:53 am:

Bob that was my thought, I didn't want to move the regulator location, being as this is my first model T I have searched thousands of pictures to see what I have and the differences. I must add that the search on this forum wasn't doing me much help except where I saw that a Google search would bring up everything ever posted, I was up until 1am searching and printing pictures. Thanks to all you dedicated T fans, I would never have believed there are so many. I hope I don't get my project picked apart to badly here, (I do use Philips head screws when needed) My car has been in restoration mode for many many years by others I will not be redoing every mistake made as long as it works!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration