Test what is it..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Test what is it..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

Hint it;s not TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

Brace for a bent or damaged running board bracket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

It's a bent piece of U channel with holes in it!
:-)
Sure looks like a running board bracket, but where's the rest of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

I have 3 pairs of them, 6 in all. You will note that both ends are clipped. I was thinking along the line that they were braces supplied for tran's like Warford, Muncie etc. They are all made about the same. The reason I say not TT is because the RB braces I have seen have a flat flared end that rivets to the frame with two rivets. They came out of Fred Lau's collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

Do the holes match up with TT brackets .?? If so they may be aftermarket. Maybe Western Auto or some other maker .??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

I don't have a TT to compare. I just noticed that the part about the using the T parts book to compare got lost in my last post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

Mark:
just a guess , but ...
i have a form a truck chassis with running board brackets like that ...they bolt to the T car chassis and the form a truck channel iron accessory rails ...seem to be regular running board brackets that are cut and re-drilled ...always an optimist ...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Maybe they fit something beside a T? Overland had running board brackets like that that bolted to a pan under the body 4 per car in the 20s. I have some at home but can't remember exactly where the holes were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

I have wanted an Overland for years, maybe it my start! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Over the years people have altered the Model T driveline. They have lowered the cars and channeled the bodies. Installed other engines and transmissions etc. I think that is part of the running board brackets where the center part has been removed to make way for some modifications.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

I did go out to check against a regular T channel type car RB support. Very close but just a little short at the frame to RB mounting hole. The upper hole for the strap just before the bend is in the same place but the 2ed hole on the top edge is just kinda out there. My guess is not Ford, but darn close.
Norman I was thinking that also but having 6 of them all the same...guess not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 01:20 am:

I know a Doohickey when I see one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 11:42 am:

In looking at the photos in this thread they look like TT running board supports.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/602785.html?1452437526

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Not TT - as Mark eluded to above - not flared where they rivet to the frame.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration