New Exhaust pipe assembled with NOS muffler ends

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Exhaust pipe assembled with NOS muffler ends
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

Attached are photos of the new exhaust pipes made by Larry Smith with a set on nos muffler ends. The assembly when together great and a big thanks to Larry for giving us a new correct product. Thanks go to Kim Dobbins as well for for selling me his last set of nos muffler ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

Brent, the original one I have has a thick washer almost as big as the boss in the end, held in place by the nut. I think Larry was locking into having same made. Without it, there is the chance the nut will deform the end and the assembly may get loose over time.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Yes, I just talked to Larry about getting one of the washers.
Other than that part, it's pretty complete. I will be using this on a car that I will be showing, so the pipe and muffler will get cleaned and treated with a rust preventative coating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

The pipe and muffler is really, really nice. If a correct example was available for a 25. I'd buy one it in a heart beat.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 10:36 am:

That style of exhaust pipe and muffler was introduced in 1921, and would be 100% correct for your 1925. I'll be happy to sell you one. They are $89+shipping. If you want the retainer, add another $4. There is a $2.50 crating charge too. You will have to supply your own muffler ends like Brent did.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration