OT; Henry's "Evangeline" back in the water

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT; Henry's "Evangeline" back in the water
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

I read where Henry's 20's powerboat, "Evangeline" has been restored and won several trophies on her first showing at Lake Tahoe.
I cant find images that don't have Copyright restrictions, but if you've ever seen the boat you'd have to agree, shes a gorgeous piece of machinery.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

Take a look at this link if you're interested::

http://www.woodyboater.com/blog/2015/09/18/evangeline-henry-fords-1924-33-hacker -custom-runabout-part-2-2/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

If you scroll down a ways there are two videos of it running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

This September 1926 photo was taken at the Harmsworth Race on the Detroit River. In the foreground are Gar Wood’s Miss America’s III, IV, and V. On the right is the Excelsior-France challenger. On the left is the Evangeline, with Ray Dahlinger on the deck, Henry Ford behind the wheel in the light suit with his foot partially covering the name EVANGELINE on the side, and Evangeline Dahlinger over his right shoulder. Also in this photo far left is Horace Dodge, and standing center-right on the dock in white coveralls is Garfield Wood. The tall, narrow white-sided yacht in the background is Gar Wood’s 70-foot Gar Sr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

Poor Clara.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

The boat was restored here in Southern California, Fallbrook.

As for Clara, she knew what was going on, it seems to me that all four people involved were both financially and emotionally compensated for the events in their private lives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 01:46 am:

Rob, Horace Dodge would have a hard time showing up in a 1926 photo since he passed in 1920?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 05:50 am:

Roger,
I didn't write the caption. It was already attached to the image when I copied it. (Photo courtesy The Rosenfeld Collection, Mystic Seaport)

Bob,
I agree, poor Clara. Obviously a woman with considerable inner steeliness. All my cars have ladies names and "Clara" is the name I've given to my speedster project.

Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 06:09 am:

What about Horace Dodge Jr. he would have been 26 in 1926.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 06:32 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgHhiduGm4U

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 06:40 am:

Jr. makes sense, didn't know the son got the same name :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration