Hoosier sub carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hoosier sub carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

What are those supposed to do? Improve gas mileage would be my guess. I see them on e-bay, there is one on there now but it looks like a part is missing. I'm sure they don't do much if anything, I just thought about buying one and blocking it off and installing it for a conversation piece but I'd want all of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

Here's a company flyer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

Thanks Jay. The air heater is missing on the one on e-bay. If I see a complete one I might get one if I have any extra money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

It is a big vacuum leak. Because the advertising was well done and colorful many people fell for the fraud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

Corey, I see these units at swap meets but hardly ever see the heat stove or for that fact the linkage with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 10:18 am:

I used one for a while and could tell no difference. They are fun to look at.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

I am no fizz-asist so I can't tell you how it works but here are some photos of one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Oh goody, something else to restrict the flow of the fuel mixture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

It looks to me like it leans the mixture by adding heated air, increasing flow as the throttle is opened.

That bird strainer looks useful in there. I hate it when crows get ingested into my engine!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Here's an NOS one that I have that is a little different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

I used one for a while. Like Terry observes, it leans out mixture as the throttle is increased. It works OK, gives the engine a different sound at cruising speeds. The same principle as having a petcock in the intake manifold that can be adjusted to allow more air into the gas mix. Not good when accelerating but saves gas I suppose when cruising.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration