Model T Wheel???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Wheel???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Visited the King Ranch today (Weaver’s Cottage) where they showed a spinning wheel made from a “Model T” wheel. This doesn’t look like a Model T wheel to me because of the wooden inner rim. Is it for a Model T Truck?

Diann

P.S. They also said the crank was a Model T crank but I don’t think so. Perhaps it was modified???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

It might be a felloe wheel. The spokes attach to a wood rim under the clincher rim where the tire mounts. Photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

wheel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Looks like a 1919 or later Model T wheel to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Our 1922 Roadster Model T does not have inner wooden rim. Diann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:16 am:

Royce did you mean 1919 or earlier?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:44 am:

Robert,
Base Model Ts came with non-demountable wheels throughout the production run. A flat tire would be changed with the wheel and rim still mounted to the the car. Most of the '19-'27 non-demountable wheels looked just like the one in your photo. The inner wooded rim the is called a felloe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 08:40 am:

Thanks for the quick responses. Learn something new every day. NOW, if I could just remember what I learned!

Diann

P.S. I know this is my husband's 'account' but I am on a trip with 'old' girlfriends and he told me to be sure and sign my name to any posts! LOL

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration