Old photo - Anyone got a shovel?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo - Anyone got a shovel?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Look how much snow is inside the second car without side curtains. :-( Dodge Bro. maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Not a DB. No diamond shape rear windows in the top and doesn't look any bigger than the T. 1917/18 model 35 Buick 4 cyl car maybe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:21 am:

I wonder if they just left them until spring or if they actually got them started and uncovered to get them out of there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 09:03 am:

That is some seriously deep snow. Blech. Seen this pic before, always amazes me. I vote for leaving 'em till spring!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 09:25 am:

You know, when I see a car full of snow like that it freaks me out. I guess you throw a blanket over the front seat the night before & hope for the best for the next mornings drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 10:55 am:

I have never had either of my Ts out in snow that deep. I looked closely at the rear wheels and could not detect snow/mud chains, but with that much snow I can't see much of anything. I hope that the chains are already on as it is No Fun to mount them in weather like that

I wished I had mounted my Weeds when I was on this road as at one area the car started to do the "hoochie-coochie". That focused my attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Bill, turn off your headlights before the battery goes dead!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your concern. I left the engine running while I took the photograph and the generator works, so I was okay.

Another picture from that day:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 08:04 am:

Bill, you must have a very good battery as I see your headlights are still on.

Happy Motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

I have found that these and older cars had a very modern system and the lights turn off automatically after 12 hours.

Joe R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Another one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration