Extra capacity of Australian Colonial radiators?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Extra capacity of Australian Colonial radiators?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 12:16 am:

Can any of you (Aussies) tell me the exact capacity of the cooling system in my 1921 Canadian built T with the extra large top tank (Colonial) radiator?
I've always GUESSED it at about 15 liters.
My thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:06 am:

Rob, I am not aware of extra capacity radiators for later cars. The brass radiators often had extended top tanks. The shelled type radiators had larger top tanks as manufactured.

Perhaps you have something which has been modified.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:27 am:

Thanks Allan.
Could you tell me what the capacity is for the whole (stock) system, please?
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:38 am:

Rob,
I was thinking the same as Allan. I have seen a lot of pre. 1917 Brass Colonial radiators but no later Black steel shell radiators with the typical colonial top tanks.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:50 am:

Allan & John,
Gents, I had myself all confused because the only "other" radiator I can compare mine too is the remains of an old brass one I have here.
Sorry about that. But can anyone tell me the exact capacity of the cooling system for my low radiator car please?
Thanks,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:08 am:

Rob,
All I can find in specs is, 1908/1927 cooling cap is 14 quarts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:31 am:

Thanks Frank.
Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:49 am:

Rob,
I actually measured my cars a few years ago and the measurements are still on the blackboard in the garage.

Capacity of a brass radiator standard ( Brassworks) is 10 litres,

The Colonial ones vary, I have two which are different but they hold about 4 litres extra.

Here are two brass ones

red rad

This appears to have been added to a standard radiator.

rad Canada

This one is one piece with made in Canada markings

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration