26 coupe water pump

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26 coupe water pump
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niel Beck on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

Is this an aftermarket water pump. I notice the grease cup is on the front support bushing housing rather than on the pump body. The only thing I found on the body were what looked like casting numbers MC760.It took a week of cussing, perserverance, and patience to finally get it freed up to turn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Yes, it is an aftermarket water pump. With the exception of the first few, no Model T came factory equipped with a water pump, and certainly not a '26.

Here we go...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

I used to buy up those kind of pumps at flea markets, planning to use one of them them on an A block, after doing away with the original A pump. Ended up using a 12v electric pump from a school bus heater system. I probably could never find them now in my junk pile. T guys hate them, but you'll be finding that out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Where is the intake manifold on the engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

I'd sure like to own that head! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

The water pump is an aftermarket. I have about 4-5 of them the same style.

The head is a Frontenac "T" or "S"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

About 1916/1920 there was discussion to connect the carburetor directly to the cylinder head, avoiding the intake runners. The fuel also being discussed was benzol. Thoughts were the fuel would be heated quicker and a passage of fuel for improved economy for a more direct route to the cylinders via internal passages to the intake valves. One example was a 1916 Hayes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 03:38 pm:

I didn't realize you needed to beat up the firewall on a '26-'27 to install a Frontenac. Don't remember doing that for a BB Rajo.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration