Old Photo - This 1924 Photograph Shows A Papier-mache Ford Model T Made To Be Burned In A Funeral In China, To Esure That The Deceased Would Have A Car In The Afterlife

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - This 1924 Photograph Shows A Papier-mache Ford Model T Made To Be Burned In A Funeral In China, To Esure That The Deceased Would Have A Car In The Afterlife
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 10:49 am:

How say's you can't take your T with you!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 11:24 am:

A Town Car I can afford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Strange custom but certainly a good likeness. Shame to waste it but I guess what else would they do with it. As always thanks Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Doesn't look like a T.

Think its a Maxwell taxi, note the headlamps, radiator shell shape, etc.

Seems more like an advertising model for a taxi company...rickshaws were going out of favor for the more affluent travelers around the cities :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Dan, It's use is meant as an effigy not an exact copy of a Model T or any other car of the day. I'd Call it artistic license.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

I'm with Dan T. That cowl has a definite Maxwell look. The radiator shell has a '15 Max. shape. It may even have transverse springs. Fenders even match.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

My vote is for Maxwell as well.
Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

The makers of the papier-mache T shown above changed the look of it on purpose in fear of getting asked to pay royalties to Henry for copying a Ford design.

Here's a real T in China also in 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Good one Constantine!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration