OT - Kinda nice having a nephew in first year medical residency ..... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Kinda nice having a nephew in first year medical residency ..... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

My nephew Chris is in Ft. Wayne, IN doing his first year of medical residency

Being Polish I am genetically predisposed to accidents as I get older

He was great to talk with when I ran over my leg w/ my truck last Summer

Today my legs went clean out from under me at the gas station & I fell hard briefly knocking myself out

I think I will be o.k.

As o.k. as is possible for me

He is checking in on me from time to time making sure I am still breathing

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Jim...hmmmm, well you answered one question for me. Apparently I'm Polish too!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

Hi Jim,

Be Careful Out There!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 03:58 pm:

I'm sorry, but I must ask. How is it possible to run over your own leg with your own truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

Jim I will be in Ft Wayne tomorrow.
If I need medical attention I will be sure to ask for Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

Oh Henry !

You missed a good thread last year ....

I almost lost my right leg below the knee
because I was being an idiot when working
on my truck without blocking it from rolling

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Jim, where were you when you had the accident with your truck? Seems like you said something about NW MO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Henry & David,

Scroll down to June 11th, 2015 in this thread, and when you have a moment say a prayer for our Polish friend.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/549018.html?1434206054

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Where were you when you slipped? Were you on ice, or are your legs getting weak? I don't know how old you are, but with me, my legs have gotten weak. Doctors say it is something about arthritis and bulging disks in the back. Pressure on the nerves of my legs.

Well they still work well enough to walk 1/2 mile a day to get the mail. And they work fine for applying the pedals on the T's.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

We might be related Jim, my dad's family are all from Poland. Came over in early 1900's. For some reason my dad did not carry any Polish traditions or culture to my brother and I.

My last name should end in "ski" but his mom remarried and had my dad's last name changed.

Hope you heal soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

I stopped at a Speedway north of Indianapolis off I-65

Got out on solid ice in front of the pumps & started to fall but grabbed the fuel hose before I lost it

Then I went inside to pay.

I was walking back towards the pump trying to avoid the ice - taking baby steps - both feet went out at the same time & I landed hard on my back - knocked myself clean out

Came to with a lady looking over me asking if I was ok

I have never fallen like that - it was very hard

No blood - not much swelling - just sat in the truck in the parking lot for the next 45 minutes just to be sure

I am very lucky - I could have done some serious damage

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

Don't feel too bad, Jim. I was unloading a Maytag washer and it knocked me down and landed on top of me. knocked me out. Thought I broke my hip. Had Xrays and no break, but had to walk with a cane for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

Jim,
That hard Polish head should have protected you. Believe me, I know from experience ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Sure the wind didn't blow you over. Been bad north of Indy today. Be careful out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 03:16 am:

Jim, I know what you mean about slipping on the ice. I have had that happen a few times myself. I don't think anyone could have kicked my feet out from under me any faster! Fortunately, all that was hurt was my pride. Again, where were you in N.W. MO. when you had the accident with your leg? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 05:36 am:

We are all very lucky that you were not seriously hurt! Do be careful out there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 05:56 am:

David,

I think I ran over my leg in Chillicothe, MO

Thanks for the good will expressed by everyone,
guess that ice gets us all at some point

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Darn it Jim, you need to be more careful. You are irreplaceable !! Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Jim,

I did miss that thread. We were on a cruise at that time and I didn't have access to the forum..

Damn.......

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration