Steering gear cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Steering gear cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

I can't remember the differences in the later covers. I have a 15 or 16 column with a thin wire tube and the cover has knurling as wide as the threaded portion. I have another with knurling only 1/4 inch or so wide at the top. Which is correct for what years? The earlier column has a stamped steel quadrant with brass rivets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Cory-
The narrow knurl is for the earlier column with 4:1 steering gears. The wide knurl was introduced with the 5:1 steering gear ratio in 1925.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

O K Thanks. I guess over the years somehow they got mixed up since the wide knurl is on the earlier column.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration