Old Photo - Camp Perry Colt Tent

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Camp Perry Colt Tent
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

He shot his T!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Probably wasn't the first and will not be the last!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

Colt 1911 pistol. It would have been a big deal during that mostly revolver time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

The M1911 was the only thing i ever fired expert with and we were thought to put one hand in your pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

That's the way I still shoot. I shoot in the regional winter matches with a 1911/22 conversion. Very relaxed and stable. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 01:14 am:

Okay, I have to tell my story again.
I acquired the headlamps for my boat-tail many years ago, from a swap meet. They were a matched pair of modified stem model T lamps that needed significant repair to one of them.
The image in my mind is quite clear. Someone, back in the day, had gone to great trouble to carefully bend (hot or cold, I don't know) these two lamps to use on their original era speedster. Both lamps goose-necked down and forward to an extra low position.
Doubtless, some drinking was involved. One of the two lamps had deep half-round dents top and bottom almost perfectly centered on the lamp. The lamp was leaning back about 45 degrees, and had three bullet holes in it (actually two bullets, one went through twice). One can just visualize the scene. After all that work, you go out and smash the thing into a tree. What else would you do but pull out your revolver and shoot the thing?
It took quite a bit of effort. But I managed to re-re-bend the stem to match the other side, and pull the bucket back out to proper shape, then patched the holes.
Drive carefully, and enjoy! We don't want you shooting your car. W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Camp Perry Ohio? Practically my back yard. 35 minutes away. Feel sorry for the executed model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Are you sure its the car he aiming at, Could be at the guy trying to take his car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

I have been collecting Colt gas lamps for my shop. I was quite surprised to see that name on one
when I first discovered it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration