Old Photo - Auto Polo Games

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Auto Polo Games
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

I wonder if any of those guys made it to the ripe old age of 25?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Somewhere in this world is an incredible Movie-Tone (type) Newsreel film showing actual playing of auto-polo. It was an old film when I saw it at a theater over forty years ago at a place that showed a lot of historic films and movies. I was there to see a silent movie, they also showed a lot of Newsreels. Past efforts to find it online found maybe a half a minute of what was probably a couple minutes of film on U-Tube and other sites. It just wasn't nearly enough. What I saw looked to have been filmed earlier, but was narrated in the style of the '30s and '40s.
Every time I see photos like these, I wish I could direct others to see what I have seen, but so far, I haven't found it.
Thank you Jay for sharing these photos!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I love the image out there of a group using Locomobiles, circa ~1902. Horseless carriages were barely on the road and already people were smashing them up for fun.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration