Body Wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Body Wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard C Held on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 03:22 pm:

Does anybody know where I can get plans for the wood body frame for a 1925 pickup?
I saw them on and old forum but haven't gotten a response from anyone!
My pickup is missing the wood from the door frame forwards, and the 25 had some metal pieces to hold interior panels on, but the wood for the dash is missing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

I'm confused,as 1925 pickup was basically a Roadster tub,and had a lot more metal than previous years.The dash was all metal,no wood at all. Do you have a picture of your body? That would help us to help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Richard
If you are looking for plans to re-wood your 1925 roadster I have them. I have the re-wooding plans from 1913-27 for the roadsters and tourings. I also have drawings to make your own wood pickup bed. The pick-up bed drawings are free and can send them out by e-mail. ford1914@bellsouth.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 11, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

Jack is right, a true '25 has no wood in the cowl except for the body rails!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard C Held on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

yes i have pictures, i thought that there would be wood in the upper dash panel, but i am new to T's.
So, does the metal clips hold the panels in and the clap shown in the last picture hold the panel along the door frame?1925 T pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard C Held on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

I see by the message that Dave Dewey sent that i am missing a rivet in the top left corner of the picture that holds the two metal pieces together25 T Pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

At the top of the cowl where the metal brace goes to fire wall,there are two holes which are screw holes to fasten a tack strip for side kick panels.This must be put in before everything is assembled. The kick panel is held in on the hinge side by a metal upholstery strip.It looks like yours is there,but it is bent some. The small square clamp is for the door check strap Those are hard to find,so don't lose it.The machine screw is a #12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 02:55 am:

Jack answered your questions before me. Yep that little clip is hard to come by, so don't loose it, and the screw is not common nowadays, so be careful removing it!The pics are of Barney, my '25 barn-fresh car, which unfortunately needs the body rails replaced!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard C Held on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 02:39 am:

Thank you all! I wondered what the bracket was for, almost took that and threw it in my spare parts box. Don't throw anything away yet! Leon Parker I would like to get some plans from you because it looks like I will need to make the upper tack strip. My 25 pickup's names is Elmer, after my dad his first car was a 1923 touring that he got from a funeral home. Part of the agreement was that he had to advertise the home on weekends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Nothing to magical about that strip. It is about 6-7 inches long and maybe 3/4 wide by 1/2 inch thick. Use a couple #8-5/8 wood screws to hold it in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Interesting how many of us name our Ts; my '25 is Barney (duh, came out of a barn!--real clever, huh?)and my '16 touring is Henrietta, after the widow who had it. My Model A is named after the original owner's wife, Ma Green.
Now, I didn't even realize there was supposed to be a tack strip there! I thought the top & bottom of the cowl kept the cardboard panel in place, so I learnt somethin' here too! :-)
Larry Smith could fill us both in on just what should bet there! Guess he's too busy makin' muffler pipes! :-)
Richard, you must have new wood in your door, as I don't see the screw holes for the door strap in the wood--and now that I type that, I'm wondering if it was just tacked to the wood. Too far & wet for me to check out Barney's door wood--sorry! Hmm, just looked at a high res copy of my pic, and it looks like there are holes in the wood about where a footman's loop would go. Also, that tab on the floor riser with the hole in it on Richard's pics is riveted to my cowl, and I see two metal tabs bent up on the cowl that look like they would hold the side cardboard panel in place. In fact, I can see one of those tabs in Richard's driver's side picture. Note that the driver's side does have some wood--augh, Richard, you have a phillips head screw there!!! Blasphemer--get the pitchforks!!! :-)
Heh heh heh!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard C Held on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Forgive me for the phillips but i didn't put it there. The man who was restoring the body slammed it together to sell fast i think. It will be replaced as with 100 nuts and bolts that don't belong.LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

Hmm, that's your story & I suppose you're sticking to it?
You might have a few other things to change, here's another view of the riser to firewall fit;

Note that the tab is riveted to the firewall, not spaced away from it. Sorry about that!
A few other details that show up: the clipped corners '25 data tag, The tabs on the firewall for the upholstery panel, the door edge trim/holder for the panel, and the unique '25 door hinge.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration