Picture of Henry on his quadracycle.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Picture of Henry on his quadracycle.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

Likely shown before but thought I'd post it again for anyone who missed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

I've seen that car in person several times and many photos and videos but, never that actual photo so, thanks Gary for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 01:15 am:

I have seen that one before. I don't know whether it is the real original Quadracycle? Or the re-creation made late in Henry's life for some of the museum displays. I am fairly sure (but NOT positive) that the photo was taken in the recreation of his shop for one of his earlier efforts at his museums (1930s).
Thank you for posting it! I always enjoy seeing the best ones again, and again.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 11:18 am:

Love it! Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Henry looks deep in thought almost like he is thinking about how he would have made changes in the Quadracycle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 02:19 am:

I would bet he is thinking about how much the world had changed since the time he had to build his own car! In the three decades since, tens of millions of people bought new cars from his company, because his company made them available. Hundreds of millions of more people bought his cars used, and the cars of people that followed him, new and used.
I have often wondered if Henry ever really knew how much he personally changed the world?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 07:15 am:

Wayne, I agree Henry Ford must have taken great pride in his accomplishments that had changed the world at this point in his life. However I wonder in this photo if he isn't wondering where he left his tea cup, what it was he needed to do this afternoon and how wrong that doctor must be that he saw the other day.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

Or he is thinking how funny it is that no one found that 1.2 million I hid in the front gear box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

"I wonder what Edsels up to."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Good stuff! Thanks all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

I think Henry is contemplating the upcoming storm of "global warming".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

He has the radio on and Jerry Reid is playing Lord MR Ford What Have You Done!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 08:17 am:

I believe this is taken in the reproduction of the Bagley Avenue workshop at Greenfield Village. I also think it is the original Quadricycle because George DeAngelis, the builder of the reproductions, didn't build the first one until 1963.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration