The newest thing in cars, it's crazy. Is it nickle or shrome ? OT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The newest thing in cars, it's crazy. Is it nickle or shrome ? OT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

I saw this Nissan Z car parked near the Cal aState college close to us in Long Beach, CA today and took this picture. I was doing business at Performance Tires today and showed them the picture. They said that a company makes decals in chrome color or gold, purple, or anything you want.

It's the same decals they use on Nascar bodies made of carbon fiber which only weigh 50 pounds.

Pretty cool but you have to own a car in their library of decals in order to play the game.

Z

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

There is a rice burner like that here in town that is gold. It really stands out, that's for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Sorry my bad eyesight said shrome rather than chrome , , , , ,;!(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

I bet those are really hard on sun glare if the sun hits it right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Has anyone found a user of SpectraChrome? I've inquired and haven't been able to connect with someone using the product. Their link:
http://www.sprayonchrome.com/techdata.html

Thanks.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 01:17 am:

SpectraChrome was featured on an episode of Jay Leno's Garage. The following is their demonstration video:
-There are 6 sections-
www.spectrachrome.com/buyersguide

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 05:47 am:

A friend gets his car wrapped a different color of chrome every year. It's been green, pink, gold. Just gross, but hey it's his car and he can do what he wants. It's a great option though instead of painting the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 08:26 am:

Probably a wrap. Not the stuff Leno showed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 09:35 am:

That's not new. The "chrome" spray-on technology is actually silver--Pure silver derived by a deposition process of several chemicals. It needs to be top coated or polish treated to last or it turns to a tarnished silver look. YouTube is filled with examples.

Wraps are not new either for that matter. It used to be the thing to do on the West Coast. Mainly because the cars don't get dirty. Otherwise, it lasts for one or two car washes then it's scratched all to heck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 09:36 am:

I personally would not want to be any near that car on a sunny day.!:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

G.R.,

Forget being around the car, I wouldn't want to be around the owner... on any day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

Frank, You were right the first time. A contraction of "Sh-tty Chrome"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 01:27 am:

Bought the vinyl wrap for my headlight reflectors once.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration