1926 fordor window regulators

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 fordor window regulators
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles legg on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

I took the regulators out of my Fordor. They have four bolt holes to mount them. Are these unique to the Fordor or do other models have the same regulators?
The gears have teeth missing. I can't find gears to rebuild them.
Has anyone tried to weld new teeth on the gear and file them down with success?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

I had the gear strip on one of the doors on my '27 Fordor also. I was lucky and found a good used replacement, but that was many years ago.

I would think welding new teeth on the gear and carefully filing them would work.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles legg on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

I am looking at the way the housings are attached to the main plate. They look like a rivit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

Langs had/has replacement gears for the fordor window mechinism.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

Steel framed bodies used 3 hole mount regulators. Fordors used 4 hole because of the wood still used in fordor bodies, a continuation from earlier fordors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 03:13 am:

The 4 screw mount was carried over to the Model A 4 door. The rest of the bodies got 3 screw mount except for The Victoria and 400A but they are a whole different ball game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 06:35 am:

I rebuilt two regulators with the kit from Lang's with no problem at all. I don't recall the rivets being a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles legg on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

thanks for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles legg on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

I had the machine shop cut the small gears on their water jet table. they fit perfect. They are 12 teeth gears. I have extras if anyone needs them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration