Different clutch disk

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Different clutch disk
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Why do I have large clutch disk, some with points as shown in the picture and large disk that do not have the points but are smooth round (not in the picture)? Can they be run together in a 26 tranny?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Read the book,it's in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

You'll need the style of large discs shown for the wide 26/27 style brake drum since the fastening bolts for the driven plate were moved from the clutch lugs to new lugs when the lug shoes were added - so the flattened sides on the large discs are needed for clearance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 05:23 pm:

sorry that was a bad way of putting it. Plus I have three different types. The type like above. One like above but at only two opposing sides have the points and two that have no points.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Jack - I only read Mad Magazine. :-)
Roger - Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

I think the ones with the two opposite sides clipped were made that way to make removing them easier. That type will only work in the pre 26 style setup.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration