Do I use a 5 wire or 7 wire commutator wire?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Do I use a 5 wire or 7 wire commutator wire?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

I am restoring a 1918 T with a partner. which is the best wiring system to get the five wire or 7 wire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

No starter or generator, electric headlights, a six volt dry cell battery for starting the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

No Gen I use the 5 wire 4 to each contact on the timer 5th wire turns the headlights

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

Should be a five wire with a headlight crossover wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

Thanks, that is what I will order!! YOU guys are great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

How about a generator wire?? None shown above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 11:17 pm:

No need for a generator wire if there isn't any generator, Hal :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration