26-27 t roadster wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26-27 t roadster wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Anyone have any idea if there was any wood under the dash area or cowl area on 26-27 roadster? Or have any pics that you could show.. This car came to me in boxes and was taken apart many years ago. So i need some help/ info.Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

Here's a picture: http://www.fordwood.com/images/road26new.jpg

The wood in a '26/'27 open car is mostly for fastening the interior :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Roger,Thanks i am new to the model T hobby and appreciate the illustration. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

They call it an "All Steel Body". The sheetmetal is all rivited or welded together or bolted. The wood consists of the seat support across the center of the seat cushion and the tack strips for the upholstery and top, the floorboards, and top bows. Much less wood than in the earlier cars. That illustration posted by Roger is very good. There are also some wood blocks between the body and the chassis.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Thanks norm. I will be asking lots more questions. I am a Model A guy that has always wanted a T and bought a pile of parts basically but I want this old car back on the road. I am way to far along in $$ worth of parts and time. Hey they are all nuts and bolts, so I am gonna get her going again. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration