1915 Correct Upholstery Pattern

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1915 Correct Upholstery Pattern
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Skinner on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Hi - I am restoring a 1915 Touring that has the upholstery missing and I would like it as close to the original as possible.
Can you inform me whether the back squab has straight flutes with a single row of buttons and the base has a diamond pattern?
Also what material - I believe it should be leatherette or vinyl with leather armrests but I do not understand where the join would be.
I have an original 1916 Touring that has straight flutes for the back rest and base squab but this does not tie in with what I have read on the previous year.
Many thanks in advance.
Richard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Here's some photos off the forum of original 1915 touring seats, may help. Ford upholstery material was an imitation leather for the 1915, with the front roll of the armrest real leather. Door panel cardboard with imitation leather coverings and trim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:08 am:

19-5 - 16 has backrest upholstery as you describe and diamond pattern seat cushion. The material originally was a sort of rubber painted canvas called leatherette. You can use black Naugahyde since original material is not available.0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:19 am:

The seat back should have a two rows of buttons.

You barely see the lower row of buttons in the first photo - they are just about even with the cushion in the photo.

Ford eliminated the lower row of buttons sometime in the 1917 model year based on surviving cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Skinner on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:26 am:

Fantastic and a huge thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:47 am:

Richard here's some pics of our 16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:56 am:

Richard if you need any any more pics let me know.on ours the left rear armrest cap is fabric the other three are leather everything I have read on forum says front only are leather someone on the line was in a hurry!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration